Question about anti roll bars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nortski, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Nortski

Nortski Registered

I want to soften the front anti roll bar on the formula 2 car but there's option for inner and outer. What's the difference?
    p.s. I know nowt about setups

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would say it refers to the mounting locations for the ARB, the Inner settings are stiffer so perhaps indicate a shorter bar (outer mounting positions would be a longer bar, giving less rigidity).

The end of the settings with 'Disconnected' (which is + in the normal UI) is softer, the other end is stiffer. That's really all you need to know for sure. In mine it also shows the effective rate for the front ARB, the rear says stiff - mid - soft.

Note that unless I'm remembering wrong most mods make the ARB stiffer when you click +, so this is reversed.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Due to some of the GT3 cars using Ohlin shocks/dampers which have reversed values, I have started trying to make it a habit of clicking thru the entire range of springs and shocks so my mind firmly understands the minimum side vs the maximum. S397 has added to many cars a text message when you reach the min or max. I can't even remember which cars use which shocks so it just helps me 'think' ((lol)) thru the process.