QUEST 2 VR newbie and so confused

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nolive721, Apr 6, 2023.

1. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello

Decided a week ago to buy a 2nd hand Quest2 and it has been nice experience so far .

I am running it through a USB able and its powered for PCVR gaming by my AMD 6880XT and 5600X rig

With RF2,I am still confuse at how to launch the Game and also In Game settings that would give me the best experience.

I am after 90fps with as clear as possible image.

Shall I launch from Steam on desktop, rather using SteamVR or another Launcher?

how about the best settings in Oculus debug tool or equivalent software?

sorry to throw so many noob questions but RF2 is my fav Sim so I want to pull this VR experience off at its best

thanks a lot

2. This may help a bit https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/quest-2-without-steamvr.236543/ but you will find similar information here; I was using openxr for a while just following the installation instructions on the openxr website - it gave me a performance increase (I would say 20% average).

With the new launcher I need to look up options to start Oculus VR as I have sold my Rift S a while ago and currently using a Pico 4 with SteamVR for testing - and at the moment I am satisfied with its performance.

There are a couple of threads around suggesting several "VR" settings and explaining which graphics options will cost most performance.

It depends on what you like to see most, but from my experience shadows, road reflection and rain are the most performance demanding options, where rain demands most if you enable rain drop flow (or however it is called) which lets the drops run across the windows.

nolive721 likes this.
  3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

W
    Thanks a lot

went the opencomposite route and its just amazing, locked 90fps with full Res in oculus software and reasonably high settings in Game. really really happy I made this relatively inexpensive Purchase, despite having 4k and a Triple 1080p set-up as well available for my Sims.