Quality of life Improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtortosen, Nov 12, 2022.

1. jtortosen

jtortosen Registered

Good Morning,

Rfactor2 have been improved a lot since last year, so I want to ask if these points are actually planned to be revised (I don't care about when, buy knowing that the devs take it into account):

- LCD in-car panels hud graphics. Now are like low quality jpegs, not really simulated digital panel like other games. Formula Pro or others cars have the worst panels I ever seen, in terms of functionality and visuals, not the aesthetics.

- Car and track select screens. The current navigation are good, but the car/track list are too hard to navigate and see the tracks. People like my father have lot of troubles to navigate and finde the track he wants, and for me, is too clunky, bad UX (just legacy i know). And a way to differentiate steam mods from official content (like a check mark).

- Clean way to adjust seat and mirrors positions.

- Overall HUD are for my perspective, hard to navigate and find info. Speaking both about shortcuts and UI. ACC has a good example about I mean, have good navigation for electronics, and a way to get on top screen the ldc in-car display.

- The size of the driver (arms) and the wheel/car doesn't match in lot of cars. And the modelate itself are bad, not real. That's not an issue because I drive with triples, but in VR is a minor problem.

The sim feels amazing, it only needs some improvements to achieve the no-lacking sensations you think when you are running rfactor2 (all games lacks on something, i know).

More suggestions are welcome!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    CirKan and makan like this.
  2. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

I definitely agree on the LCD, mirrors and HUD. It would be great to have a better HUD option for VR too.

Aside from that, skins during multiplayer. If you decide on your setup to not download custom skins off the server then I see no reason why rf2 couldn't uses a random default skin instead of having a yellow box driving around the track. Hopefully easy to implement.

avenger82 likes this.
  3. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Registered

yes, the in car mirrors are a big problem in VR, because I cannot see the other cars, even in the new Porsche mod. I failed setting the mirrors.

4. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

There is a lot of half arsed content on there for sure. In car dash on the Oreca looks awful. Even the GT3s don't have the real life led sequences, and that is paid content. Like the R8 at redline will have its leds change to all red or all blue, depending on team preference. Unpolished stuff like this is not doing any favours, and gives the impression that they don't care about quality of existing content. There have been nice improvements and updates....but they need to be more frequent imo. This would win over a lot of people.

5. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Registered

Track/Car-class AI individual adjustment.
    Custom Championship.

NadjaRyushkin and justposted like this.