Released Q2 Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 9, 2022.

1. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Registered

Disabling doesn't help? I disabled it immediately after stuttering started and it's still rather bad. I am not sure what to disable next, I need less stuttering. It's like playing some bad optimized game now. Not always, some tracks are way better.

2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi Dave.
    When I mention problems with the new sound engine, I'm talking about the new cars that support it not old unsupported cars. I'm not actually expecting the old cars to get updated. I'd be kind of shocked if they update them at all.
    I'm sure I read somewhere in this forum they need to get a new license to update an old car.

I set sounds to 256, don't get any popping or stuttering or crackling, and It doesn't knock my framerate down.
    But, for whatever reason the sound mix only plays properly once or twice every ten times I run the game.
    i.e.
    One time all sounds are good, I can here tire noise, wind noise, well all the effects. I can hear other cars around me. I have the spotter dialed in so I can just hear him nicely.

Then the next 4 or 5 times I launch the game and enter track with zero changes the interior engine sound is too loud, making wind and tire noise, bottoming out much lower in the mix. The spotter becomes almost inaudible you can just tell a guy is talking. The sound of other cars says goodbye. When it's like that I can be in the infiniti and have an indy car blow by at 200 mph and won't hear a thing(yes I actually tried) lol. After 4 or 5 times running the game with the new sound engine sucking, it will usually sound great again, until I turn the game off.
    I haven't had ANY sound troubles like this since I stopped using sound cards in the early-mid 2000's lol.

Regards.

nolive721 likes this.
  3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I really hope S397 read this because this is the real issue. It’s not about updating car sounds. The new sound engine is behaving differently on different machines. You’ve got some people saying the new sound is great and others saying it’s rubbish for the same mods. I would say 9 out of 10 times mine sounds great. I mostly drive GT3 and Porsche Cup but every now and then the sound mix changes and it’s sound crap.

Same goes for sparks. Some people are solving stuttering by disabling sparks but some people still have stutters with sparks disabled so the problem isn’t the sparks. I can leave sparks enabled and disable or lower other graphic settings to improve the stuttering. The reality is this build should never have been released. They knew there were problems while it was an RC but released it anyway and with so many changes in one update, I imagine it’s going to take a while to track down the underlying issues.

4. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I totally agree with you.
    Many GTs sound good, but some don't.
    Especially the formula cars sound bad from the engine sound.
    (Refer to cockpit sound).
    Trackside sound is mostly ok.
    Yes, they should have sorted it all out beforehand!

5. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Registered

This is good. I played other games before Q2 so I am not sure but I was always very sensitive to stuttering and I would say rF2 had almost none before. Some new tracks looked much better (less stuttering) to me and are rather fine which is weird because they are very nice.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

rFactor 2 Hotfix Update

Steam Build IDs
    Client: 8949292
    Dedicated: 8949300

-Fixed a crash when adjusting number of emitters in session
    -Fixed ambient sounds not playing in ModDev
    -Fixed spark performance in multiplayer
    -Fixed low performance during real road sync
    -Updated network settings for modern connections
    -Changed downshift protection to stop H-Shifter exploits(You can now only shift +/- one gear from the one you're in) Only for cars with shift protection
    -Added a slider to adjust inside/outside sound balance on legacy cars
    -Added updated Ferrari and McLaren logos to UI

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Is this for S397 DLC content only, or every car? even H-shifter cars? 3rd party H-shifter cars?

8. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

there are few h-shifter cars that im accustomed to go from 5th to 3rd in a hard braking, but i dont necessarily need to do that. but... i should be able to imo..

9. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

No news about the overexposed tracks at the beginning of the VR session?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

But if the procedure is being abused, some folks, like yourself, will have to relearn single gear shifts to prevent others from cheating.

11. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

I hope that is not the case as I don't race online. Not only that, but it is unrealistic.

12. lagg

lagg Registered

But is better than having the possibility to change from 7th to 1st gear in less than a second.

Lars likes this.
  13. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

After this latest update, where nothing should have changed as far as audio is concerned, the audio is terrible. The engine sound is muffled. I had to change all the settings with little luck. It's unnerving ....

14. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

This is supposed to be a simulator. If you drive like an idiot, your engine/drivetrain/transmission)clutch, etc should fail. I already don't like that I can crash the IR18 or FPro at ridiculous speeds and be able to keep driving, if this downshift protection happens, I am done

15. Coutie

It only has to do with shift protected cars. So Indycar, Fpro and BTCC right now.

Kelju_K, pkelly, Lars and 1 other person like this.
  16. Coutie

It's still being worked on.

pkelly, memoNo1, Lars and 1 other person like this.
  17. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Good to hear, thanks for clarifying.

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

If you crash those cars with 100% damage full speed against a wall, believe me that you won't be able to drive the car anymore ;)

memoNo1, TJones and Elcid43 like this.
  19. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

I actually have with the IR18 on Indy, and crashes that should end races in the FPro don't. If you want to see how damage should be (imo), try the Devbot Formula car in the workshop. You pay the price for mistakes

20. lagg

lagg Registered

I drive like an idiot?
    Do you know how i drive?
    It seems that you don't know the consecuences of that way of changing gears in online.