Q1 2023 Update - New Release Date

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks man, always happy to answer whatever questions I can, so always feel free to fire away if you want to know something :)

The blog is a good idea, in fact, we did a couple of those not so long ago, but they seemed to be poorly received, so we parked them for a while, I'm personally a fan of blog posts and info repositories, but apparently the wider public isn't so fond, so I've followed the consensus :D

2. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yeah - maybe 'blog' isn't the correct term :D

But maybe, something, where general questions are answered - like a pinned forum post!
    That might be a better idea :D

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Thanks for the info, I am well out of the loop with rf2 nowadays. I had a race tonight, first time in maybe a couple of years and it was rather enjoyable

r00b Driver likes this.
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Thanks for the heads up there, good to know what is or isnt going on. Is there still plans to bring thr car interiors up to date with new tech or the like? If so would that also include the driver model?

5. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

So sad to hear the news about offline championship. As an offline player many times I found my self asking about purpose of spending one hour on racing sessions. Yeah it's fun but with unpredictability of the ai and full course yellows I can only imagine the tension and immersiveness of the championship while chasing points. I hope in near future we will hear positive news on this topic.

tiffarno, F1Aussie and MarcG like this.
  6. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

'CS 2.0'
    What is it ?

7. darkojovanoski1986

Custom Championship

Herve_Versabeau likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Competition System. Accessed by the main rF2 menu on the right.

Rui Santos and Herve_Versabeau like this.
  9. darkojovanoski1986

Yeah my bad. Sorry ...

10. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

To be fair(and not attacking you Paul), the poor reception came from the amount of questions chosen that were given "non-answers" as I pointed out when the Modders Blog was cancelled(after many questions had already been given for the subject). And looking back, the modders blog questions that had been posed by the community were probably the least abrasive of all the blogs previous.
    Personally, prior to that cancelled blog; I had spent the best part of 4 years trying to understand the physics(tyre especially), and probably enjoyed the modding side of things more than the driving. Since then I have barely driven, haven't looked at any files. It was only the introduction of the system(race against unowned content) I had advocated since the introduction of paid DLC that had me looking at the forum again.
    I will ask a question in relation. When would we possibly see some updated spreadsheets(physics, tgm) and updated tyre models/tgms?

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

;)

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Welcome back Marc?

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

When the AI Slipstreaming issue gets fixed :)

davehenrie likes this.
  14. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

I wish to have known that before I purchased 50$ worth of content. I just put Rfactor back on my computer after 2 years away, so kind of, out of the loop. Don't get me wrong I don't mind supporting the cause, but without something for offline players what's the point?