Q1 2023 Update - New Release Date

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2023.

1. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

:D

rF2 forum arguing and debating how a feature will or won't work before it's been officially released.

Love it :)

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

No, they're looking for something new to keep complaining. It's a classic sport that has gone here to competitive elite levels. Simcomplainers they call them. :D

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

How is asking a question complaining? This is a discussion forum is it not? Can we not discuss things without the need to resort to petty responses like yours?

coasting&cruising likes this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

You have to admit that if you have a relation with someone like that, you would have social services at the door.
    This forum is unhealthy, and it doesn't matter if "they are all like that or worse".

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It's the way questions quickly shape into demands and then complains that bothers me. People asked for removing the online ownership requirement, now offline? I'm OK with everything, it doesn't affect me, but you're unsatisfiable. I hope it includes offline, but then you'll want the tracks, because you're not driving the tracks, you drive cars, right?

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Firstly you don't know what I want so don't presume ;) secondly I don't see demands or complaints in this thread, again presumption on your part that that's what it'll descend too.

Again this is a discussion forum, it would be nice to discuss features (announced or not!) without the faff of disrespectful responses from the regular posters who can't have a bad word said about the Sim :)

Anyway this has gone way off topic, apologies on my behalf for that, I simply asked a question and in the future I hope people respect questions accordingly :)

pkelly and Havner like this.
  7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

This question seems legitimate but I'm not sure it's possible for S397.

Apparently it exists in other sims, so maybe it's finally possible.

Personally it wouldn't change anything for me, I have 100% S397 content, even kartsim and FE and all the tracks (all), but it would be great for other users, especially new users.

If this doesn't inappropriately challenge the business model of rFactor 2, I'm all for........

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can keep saying "race against"... but what you are really saying is eliminating the purchase of DLC (only buying what you drive). An offline racer would never need to buy anything but one car out of a pack....ever.

As far as I am concerned... if I am racing one car offline, and race against the others as AI, I am still using them and "profiting" of someone's hard work to make them in the first place no?

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What I'm really saying is "race against" if you have trouble comprehending my words that's on you.

Those other two Sims I mentioned can handle it, why not RF2? If it's possible (like we were told this issue would never be in the first place...) then why not include it for offline drivers?

It may lean the customer towards buying the other cars that he/she sees AI racing; "oh I like the look of that Ford Focus, I might purchase that later". Instead of constantly finding an issue, search for a solution :)

Lazza likes this.
  10. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

making AI use the car that you don't own is bit different than , playing against other player with different car who purchased it.

Basically it is partial use , you are still benefiting from variety of cars you race against.
    Which is exactly what one would get if one were to own all cars and do a race with AI.
    so someone who DON'T own all cars but still get benefits of one who paid for all cars, in a offline scenario.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, you guys being ultra defensive should remember your opinion is just that, it's ok to ask questions and have a different opinion, and you might want to read Coutie's post again. That's not proof of anything either, but it sure is suggestive.

12. Kahel

Kahel Registered

IMO...

... it's an essential features... for online... for compatibility and ease of use... seen so many people get confuse about content the own or not... with pack that use to be... and are not anymore... guys that come from other games... etc.

Even tough the game seem to be aiming in the right direction...

To me... in my own... Narcissistic... selfish... opinion... it's just the bare minimum... and a good way... to try fix the mess made by previous devs team... about content management...

As for offline or track access... yeah you guessed it... still in my opinion... that's obviously fair to ask... but it should not be a priority anyway... let's see first how well it work online... I get the urge to ask tough...

13. Owen Pyrah

Owen Pyrah Registered

Getting some serious Shatner pause vibes from that Kahel

Lazza likes this.
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Single player custom championships when? Or has it been given up on? As an offline racer there is no real incentive to play rF2 when all you can do is one off races.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Umm... Did you read above? Unless they turn into magicians they can't do everything at once, and they've evidently been fairly busy...

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I read the first page and a bit then jumped to the last, guess I will have look and see what you mean

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Looked, didn't see anything, what have I missed? It was a feature that was going to be able to make its way into the sim when the first new UI was released, that was when, 2017, 2018? I can see the sim has progressed well in some areas but would be nice to know if those two things I mentioned are still on the agenda or not.

18. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

No, not done yet, it is known about though, not sure how far down the list it is.

I guess sorting out the various online aspects first is the priority right now.

But, they have fixed the throttle on/off bug, which, I'm led to believe required a fairly substantial rewrite of code - which is a good thing. So, maybe next year? (I'm guessing of course, I have nonidea when it will be done :) )

19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

A bit of insight into this one that might give a clearer picture.

Originally when Marcel made those comments a couple of years ago, the idea was to leverage some of the technology that was to be employed within the at the time, new, Competition System, that would have allowed us to develop a kind of offline single player custom championship mode.

Since then, the intended development of the Competition System has ended, in favour of the often talked about 'CS 2.0' - which uses different technology than what we currently have in place.

As such, the expected ability to build on the original CS and create that custom championship mode is no longer an option.

Sadly, this means a custom championship mode would require brand-new standalone code, and significant alterations to how things are setup within the software at present - something that we aren't actively looking to develop at this moment in time. That said, I'm sure it will be something to look at further down the road, it's something I very much would like myself, but it's just not on the agenda at this moment in time.

Cheers

20. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

I am looking forward to CS 2.0, which is very much needed.

Quite sad about the offline custom championship - but understand the reasoning behind it all.

Thanks for the info Paul - although - and this is a suggestion; maybe we could have a blog section, or something in the forums where these little nuggets could get put in and saved so that you don't have to constantly answer these types of questions, would be good for the community.

Thanks again Paul.

Hazi and Ricardo Diz like this.