Released Q1 2023 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Screenshot_2023-02-22-13-49-25-296_tv.twitch.android.app.jpg
    In the dashboard of the car, you can see Bat. Level

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Miquel Ramos aha ok i ll check the level
    thanks mate

EDIT i have to push the p2p button while breaking to recharge !!!!
    just figure it out
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  3. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

According to the release blog the Honda is the last car to be released for the BTCC.

"The Honda Civic Type R will be introduced to rFactor 2 complete with all the teams, drivers and liveries of both the 2021 and 2022 British Touring Car Championship season, and just like its real life counterpart, should prove to be an exceptionally popular addition to the tin top field. "

So what happened to the Cupra? How can it be the complete grid of 2021 and 2022 BTCC cars without the Cupra?

Do you think we will get an official 2023 skin update or will that be left to the community to make?

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

That's not correct.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Andregee yep just need to hit the p2p button one time and the battery start recharge no need to be pushed while breaking
    just one

6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

That passage of text refers to the Honda only. Complete with all the teams, drivers and liveries of both the 2021 and 2022 season. As in, the Honda car has all the teams, drivers and liveries of those 2 seasons ;)

7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Appreciate the recent updates and new tire model. Seems to be moving in a good direction.

Is there an effort underway to address what I assume is a caster issue with the Merc GT3 and some of the other cars (IR18 has some of this as well)? The steering just goes dead once turned past a certain point in these cars and the caster is not adjustable. Any work being done to address this issue?

8. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Why don't you open a thread explaining in detail what your issue is?

9. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

There are at least 2 threads about the Merc and I agree with the post, thisGT3 update didnt fix the behavior of this car with this ultra light steering that dont seem real at all
    There has been a modded caster version flying around last year that had vastly improved the situation so why the devs didnt capitalize on this is a mystery
    Apart from this GT3 I love the rest of the pack update

10. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I really must remember to read things properly!

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just taking a guess, maybe the current caster is correct?

The steering goes light when the fronts start scrubbing and heating up quite quickly. It's not really where you should aim to be.

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. Bernat

Bernat Registered

So again we have users with zero experience driving the real car complaining and fixing it to what they think the car should be.

Cars have a point when turning where the steering goes light. Should it be the same for all GT3 cars? I don't know .

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the mercedes has the worst steering of all the official rfactor2 cars, it has been broken since it came out and it is still broken

nolive721 likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That seems abit odd, I get a new recharge every lap as it crosses the s/f line. I'll see if I can duplicate that.

15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

That may be one theory but, if heat was causing such effect, would it not occur somewhat gradually? Would it not be evident in correlation with tire temps?

The Merc is not the only car that has the sudden fall-off effect in FFB (Like that of AC with the exaggerated feature enabled in ffb). The Radical SR3 XX also has it, even more extreme. Nothing I've read about the Radical models mentions anything similar in regard to steering feel. If it does exist in RL, I imagine it would be a characteristic that is talked about.

nolive721 and Havner like this.
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Just bought the Civic BTCC and it drives great! It is the first BTCC I bought and thanks to the update I can race all other AI BTCC cars.

However, the BTCC AI is having a hard time on the Nords as it will pile up in small groups.

Settings:

- Sunny weather
    - 16 mixed BTCC 2021 AIs at 105% strength, 25% Agression

Just drive in these conditions for 1 lap starting last and you should notice a few pile ups, cars going on 2 wheels (sometimes ending up on the roof), problems at Carousels... Carefully dodging the AI cars crashing, I ended up 2nd before end of the first lap and the final long straight...
    It is not usable at it is on this track.

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@davehenrie it just need to press 1 time p2p while braking to start recharging
    no need to keep pressing while breaking just 1 time and starts recharge

18. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

19. Piertaylor

Piertaylor Registered

Sorry guys, does the method to generate custom veh/skins upgrades of paid mods changed with the new update?

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I didn't mean the heat causes the dropoff. I mean at that point the tyres are sliding across the surface (as evidenced by the heating), it's not a good way to drive a car. In terms of a tyre this dropoff in SAT after peak grip is a known phenomenon (there was a time in sims where the lack of that effect was seen as unrealistic!); obviously many cars' geometries mask that. Does this car have naturally lower dynamic caster that makes the effect more pronounced? I don't know.