PXN steering wheel will not register.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by weldsmith, May 26, 2023.

1. weldsmith

weldsmith Registered

I just bought this wheel (pxn-10) and Rfactor2. I plan to run the Nurburgring in a few weeks. I am stoked!! However, I am unable to get my PXN 10 steering wheel to link up to R Factor. The game does not show a profile that I can use. When I go to assign my left and right steering it simply does not register. I can shut down the game and it will let me assign the RSteering, but it will not allow me to choose the LSteering. When I enter the driving mode the steering wheel goes limp and has no feed back. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Assigning steering, it might just be habit on my part but I've always tested this way:
    • go to settings, assignments
    • Centre your wheel
    • click Steer Left
    • Turn your wheel all the way left (not just a single turn; keep turning, rotating, until you reach the end). It should register.
    • Centre your wheel again
    • click Steer Right
    • Turn your wheel all the way right (again, multiple rotations) so it gets picked up
    That should get the wheel movement showing correctly on the calibration screen. If you've done nothing else it should show as a V. If not try using the Set Max L and Set Max R and Center buttons (you put your wheel in those positions first), and if that still doesn't work the best way seems to be to delete/rename your controller.json file after closing rF2, run the game again and start again.

The second part of this is whether the FFB will work, I've seen at least one person say they couldn't get FFB on their PXN despite having it all working correctly otherwise, so if you get there maybe someone can help...