putting the Megane car in devmode for testing how if we can

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by les, Feb 13, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

does anyone know for testing in devmode we can put the Megane and if so how at least its faster than the trainer

2. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

In vehicles create a folder called Megane and extract Megane_MAIN.mas to it

Then in Megane folder create folder called maps and extract M2009.mas to it

Then in Megane folder create a teams folder and extract Megane_TEAMS.mas to it

Then copy TestingMOD.rfm and rename it Megane.rfm and change these lines:

Mod Name = TestingMOD
    Track Filter = TMOD
    Vehicle Filter = OR: Driving_School

To:

Mod Name = Megane 2009
    Track Filter = *
    Vehicle Filter = OR: Megane_Trophy

Then in sound folder create Megane folder and extract Megane_Sounds.mas to it.

I hope I've covered everything.

Tony

3. les

les Registered

ty going to try that now

4. les

les Registered

i did what you said and when i click race to go into practice it says no cars or tracks installed it i can switch series but nothing shows up no cars at all in the showroom i cant select a car either

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

6. les

les Registered

ok going to try what you did

7. les

les Registered

i did as you said jtbo and now i can see the cars but when i goto load any track i get about 3/4 the way loading and it just stops loading and stays at the 3/4 mark no errors nothing else

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Hmm, I think it took quite a while for me first time I loaded, but it did load eventually. If it does not, I would consider removing everything of Megane from dev mode and then trying again, can't think anything else at the moment.

Oh yes, put also trace=4 into dev mode CLI window (it is in the launcher) then you can find trace.txt form devmode \ userdata \ logs from my memory at leat it was there, it might tell if there is something wrong and might help to diagnose the problem.

9. mianiak

mianiak Registered

You coulda saved yourself a lotta trouble if you searched the forums, someone has already done this and put it up for download. :)

10. les

les Registered

where i never seen that i just did a search for Megane car in devmode and a bunch of stuff shows up but nothing that i can see relates too having it in devmode

11. les

les Registered

you say search the forums, i have looked though the forums, i have not seen anything other than how to put them in manually this is twice you have said this too me look in the forums. when i ask a question about something i dont understand I always look in the forums first, that is what a search is for yes and i use it, but and this is the point, when you cant find it in the forums the answers you need then you ask a question. well thats what i do. you might have all the answers you might know 3ds max inside and out but some of us here dont have that yet we are asking questions for knowledge to learn, so maybe instead of just saying search the forums you might help us. your comments about the search the forums without anything else is just taking up space with more garbage.

yes i am a little upset, i am new to rf2 modeling or even converting tracks whatnot i can model yes but in rf2 format im new too it so please next time think about the new people were trying to learn and you are not helping. thank you

12. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Calm down champ. You have started a new thread for everything you need. You have even started a new thread that covers the same topic as a question you asked in a previous thread you started. This thread about the Meganes is also a duplicate because there is already another thread about this, which you have posted in. You have created threads on topics that have already been discussed.
    It makes the forums very messy and in turn makes it harder for other people to search the forums to find results. You need to search the forums and find existing threads that cover your question and reply in there.

Please don't turn it around on me and blame me for not helping, I have volunteered my time 10 fold in helping people here, there is no point in me retyping out what has already been typed out before. But I have given you my time in suggesting for you to use the search, you should respect that and try, I wouldn't have suggested it if it was not possible.

13. les

les Registered

i might start a new thread why because for one when you dont find the answer like how to put the megane in like this one you said

someone has already done this and put it up for download. i searched for this download or how to put the car in devmode

and i found nothing also i am in 2 forum questions about the same topic ok i was led to the second one today as i was trying to figure out how to get it working, which i have not found out how i followed the directions about both and still i cant get it to work in devmode
    this is why i asked you again where did you see download it to get in in rf2 i have yet to find it i even did an internet search and did not find it so if you could be so kind and maybe point it out and not just say search

14. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

Sorry Les the folder should be Megane2009 not Megane.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  15. les

les Registered

i tried but im getting errors car wont show up wont even load track

16. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

It worked for me so, sorry I can't help you anymore. Maybe delete it all and try again.

Tony

17. les

les Registered

done that 3 times now

18. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

Are you extracting the files out the .mas into the folders? you also have to have the M2009.mas in the Megane2009 folder.

Devmode needs the files to be loose I believe.

Tony

19. les

les Registered

yep did that too for some reason its not working i gave up on it for now till i have a fresh head im a bit tired now

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Also check Megane vs. Meganes, that one got me when I did the stuff, also tired back then, rather easy to miss, imo.