Purchased Multiplayer Subscription Ext. but Player Menus Grayed Out

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Robcart944, May 27, 2014.

1. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

I purchased a year extension for multiplayer and afterwards, my single player and my multiplayer menu are grayed out.

I'm unable to race at all.

I tried searching for a cure but didn't see anything that might help.

I tried logging in again but it already shows that I'm logged in. I also looked for a re-activate button but never found it. I did try, what I thought, was everything I could think of.

Is there anyone that knows what my problem is?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Go to purchase tab and press "Activate" I think that should work.

3. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

I had to contact them to sort the activation and I got an email stating that the account has been reactivated. I went to purchase tab and hit "Activate" and got the friendly screen stating that my activation was successful. Now when I got to the "Simulate" tab, the race menus are still grayed out. I am logged in and get the "Welcome" screen but after a few minutes, it then states that License is Incomplete. Am I not doing something right?

4. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

***How To Fix Problem***

*I received an email from rFactor stating what I need to do. Here is how to fix the problem in their words;

If you have grey icons, you need to reactivate. Since your account doesn’t show a recent reactivation, please try again.

To reactivate your game:
    - Click on the purchase tab
    - Enter your email address and password to the right
    - Click the [Sign In] button
    - Click Reactivate

If the license is incomplete or reactivation fails, do the following.

The license file is likely outdated and not a compatible format.

- delete the local license file: Navigate to your “C:\Users\<Your Windows Username here>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor” folder and delete the files within (you can type this in your Windows Explorer address bar or navigate to it by first disabling “Hide system files and folders” in your folder settings (see windows documentation for more info)).

- Reactivate your game

*I had to go in and delete the old files. I logged back in, hit the [Activate] button, then just logged back in on the main menu. Got everything sorted out.

Now I'm ready for Le Mans Week!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  5. philman

philman Registered

I bought this morning an extension of one year for the on-line game. This operation seems to have been taken into account in the launcher (which tells me that the on line access expires now on 2015/06/15) but, at this time, I received no e-mail of confirmation of my purchase. Could you please send me the confirmation of my purchase.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

free.fr don't like to give you emails you want to be delivered.

See third paragraph. You won't EVER see emails from us unless you do what free.fr make you do.
    http://rfactor.net/web/email-issues/

7. philman

philman Registered

Problem solved. Thanks.

8. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I built a new system... Can't log on.

Actually bought another year's subscription and now it won't let me log on because I built a new machine... The game words it a little differently, but it means the same thing.

Bryan

9. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I tried the options posted here but nothing is working. Everything was fine until I decided to purchase a new online subscription. Now everything is greyed out and when I try and activate the game, it gives me an issue about my system settings being changed. I emailed the address provided, but I'd like to play. What can I do? Seriously, I should be able to play the software I paid for without this kind of hassle. My system is exactly the same as it was when I bought rFactor 2 the day it was released, with an exception to the OS installation, which never caused issues during activation before.

I hate to be the guy ranting, but now I can't play tonight because I purchased subscription? Ridiculous guys.

10. JRantajoki

JRantajoki Registered

I´m having the same problem.. renewed my 1 year online subscription but my account status will not change. My activations were reset by support, and i activated again (actually twice because tested removing the files method too), but my account status just stays as "expired". Hopefully this gets sorted by the support this time.