Promo video "Grand Prix" for newly announced rFactor 2 track at Inside Sim Racing

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beemer

Beemer Registered

good work guys...nicely done video but maybe next time showing real game footage..?but you can also see trough the editing great looking textures and details..
    very promising..imo

2. olex

olex Registered

Thank you for this great vid! Thank you ISI for bringing us the spirit of the sixties. Can´t wait to get into this time machine!

regards

3. shum94

shum94 Registered

[​IMG]

These are sprite 2d public right ?

[​IMG]

These 2 are animated. Question will we be able to put only animated public on the track side ? Is there a limitation of the engine or can we put as much as we can ? In 2011 i dont wanna see 2d sprites ever again.

Ok now the only interest angle i saw in the clip :

[​IMG]

Something who shock me in this video is the tire texture, looks too plastic, too fake and every car has the same tires texture, without variations ? No dirt, different shape, marks etc...
    And dont tell me its the begining of the race, tires dont look the same on every cars, i wanna see variations.

4. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

shum94 never fails to disappoint me. :)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You must have eyes that defeat pixels... lol :) The tires in the 1960's were pretty hard, they'd be used for multiple races and were very low wear. If you saw big wear on them, something is wrong, not right.

I think the shinyness is due to the overexposure effect which was used in post production, but there is some reflection of light that I'd expect. :) n the photo below you can see three VERY different tires, all of them which look white on the side facing the sun.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/firestonetires/5076807752/

6. shum94

shum94 Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something i dont get, why talk and show hdr in screens making 2 step forward, then publish a video afterward without hdr = 1 step backward. Why not wait for it be ready ? Or again we get media because some other sims communicated...

PS : Watching the video seeing i was only at the half felt nice then seeing the 2 inside sim racing guys... not good

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  7. 88mphTim

Ok, as you edited your post I guess I'll edit mine. lol

This video was started a while ago, before HDR was stable and honestly, what if Gjon decided to go into open beta without HDR? :) We wanted to put something out, so we put something out, regardless of what was in, out, etc.

As above, this was started a long time ago and it's something Gjon wanted to be done and released. He doesn't pay that much attention to what other people do, he's not a follower.

8. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Cars: Great
    Track: Great
    Choice of music: Great
    Athmosphere: Amazing

BUT...
    What went wrong with the encoding? That's the only thing I really hate about the trailer.
    It seems the footage was captured at a different framerate than the trailer was encoded in afterwards, producing those super-nasty ghosting effects which make everything that moves blurry and half-transparent. I sense some 30fps capturing and 29.97fps trailer encoding or vice versa.

I will download the version from the ISI site tomorrow Tim, I hope it really could have something to do with the re-encoding from ISR like you mentioned on VirtualR. :)

Other than that: Way to go guys, I really can't wait for full weather and LiveTrack simulation!

9. 88mphTim

Yeah I think it probably was the reencoding. I don't see it on the original. Unless youtube borked it... I guess you'll see it as best as you're gonna see it tomorrow anyway. :)

10. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

nice video

11. Cavallino

Cavallino Registered

good timing ??

...C.A.R.S.

12. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Waiting is so hard!

13. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

I absolutely love historic racing just for the style, body shapes and the sounds. The thing is, I don't like the age! Yet I love seeing the old cars in the present, restored, shot on modern cameras. GTRacer on Dave ftw. :D

14. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

That's Surtees in Ferrari 158 from 1964.

The ISI video shows content from 1968. You're comparing a '64 Dunlop to a '68 Firestone or Goodyear (Matra were the only cars in '68 to be on Dunlops).

As Tim said, the tyres back then were bullet proof - a single set used for multiple Grand Prix, 4 GPs not being uncommon. Gives you an indication of the fact that they basically had very little if no wear.

15. shum94

shum94 Registered

I was expecting this one ^^
    You're good fanboy i give you that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 88mphTim

But what do these photos tell us? That they had tires? :) Please explain more Shum94. I am wanting to understand here because if it's something we need to do then I'd want us to do it, right now we're just looking at photos, none of which represent the cars in our video... The cars are not year specific (66-69 range), the track is 66. The licensed car content from the 60's I have (for GP) is 66 though, but they're not shown.

If this is supposed to show wear differences then you should also note exactly what shutter speed was used in the photographs if you're intending to establish what the condition of the surface of the tire looked like. Because a slower shutter and a very good pan can make a worn tire look pretty smooth and a fully treaded tire look like a grooved one.

17. shum94

shum94 Registered

Just showing some pix with tires since i found the texture of ISI too plastic, fake, weird.

But if you're so confident, i'm glad we will have same fidelity for sounds & physics :)

18. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Absolutely amazing!!!!! :cool:

19. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

If that tire shine is so much of an issue, it can be easily fixed by modders. I'm not saying that ISI should leave everything on modders shoulders, but that is the greatest thing in this game; ISI provides us a great platform with some bolted-on content, where modders can build upon. There is not enough love for the work that ISI has done and does.

That video btw kicks ass compared to any iRacing or CARS video ever.

20. Taranta

Taranta Registered

wonderful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.