Project CARS 2 Review

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BlazingGlory53, Sep 20, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Spoken like a child trying to act grown up lol
    If your old enough to be my father then you haven't got long left on this planet lol

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

After reading your childish remark I think I am old to be you grandpa.:cool:

BTW to not get totally out of topic pCars 2 has only about 5-10 fps lost when PCI-E@2.0 x16 is used and minimum requirement to is CPU 3.5 or GHz Intel Core i5 3450, 4.0 GHz or AMD FX-8350:D

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  3. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I was about to ask about GPU performance in PC 2, my 980 GTX is not a top board anymore, PC 1 all maxed plus rain produces very bad FPS in my current computer (devil's cane 4790)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Minimum requirement is GTX 680, recommended GTX 1080, I think 980 is fine.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

There are a lot of big improvements in PC2 but I would say performance is the biggest improvement tying with physics.

I think sms took a very long and hard look at the two popular favorite sims (rF2 and AC) because some of the guys in AC are running it down because its simular to rF2. As a new rF2 fan I am flattered.

It's hard at the top!:)

I feel that this is just growing pains. Unless sms ripped something direct from someone which I don't think is possible?

I do believe this helps improve everything in the sim world. When Studio-397 sees how much money there is out there for sims, which will only increases with the kind of publicity PC2 has created, maybe we will have a rFactor 3 in the near future, which I would buy pre order now if it helps get it quicker. :)

ECAR_Tracks and F1lover like this.
  6. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

NO, rF2 is and will be a long term project as stated by Marcel several times. I can only agree with their choice, I want to see RF2 reach his max potential and stay on top for long time...

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

You can try the game for <2h and take refund if it doesn't work.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I would say Pcars 1 was far more broken then rF2 is. On the surface Pcars1 looked better, sure but the physics and performance...... And here is Pcars 2 a mostly fixed Pcars 1. I would rather have Pcars 2 now cost me $60 then a fixed Pcars 1 years from now for free.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Biting my tongue.

Guimengo likes this.
  10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i m forced to buy pcars 2 because of rf2 stuttering :confused:

11. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Someone told me months ago that pCars 2 had some very good work in it, and I was told that people working on rF2 had to work on pCars 2 too.
    After the positive reviews from some people I trust, I bought it.
    And I don't regret it at all.
    It's very good.

Need some fix there & there but it's brand new game.
    No input lag (that is super important to me).
    Graphics are really good.
    FFB with some tweak is very good too.
    And the weather add a new dimension.

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

just stay away from the karts. Ai awful at the Scottish track. Also can u abandon a championship? I won the UK kart season but there's no gold cup next to the series?! There's is for the sms one I won. Confused much!?

Also won the WC (have trophy for it) kart too, but clicked on that accidently and its put me back in the season. I cant abandon it.!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I went with cars as I don't want to buy Into a yearly upgrade. Having said that the f1 2017 trial I did was good.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I just found the ice track, sorry I can't remember the name, and seen the aurora borealis in VR.
    Wow!!
    Everything is glowing pinks and blues. What an experience.

bwana likes this.
  15. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Tried both. Both surprised me in a positive way. If you want more different cars PC2 - did a short 5 lap race against ai at historic Spa with the historic Lotus F1 cars and had opponents from that same era - really great - bit more grippy than in RF2 but felt the tyregrip (heavy steering with profile RAW) very well in corners (Fanatec FM wheel) - using my Oculus CV1 was a blast. Also tried F1 17 but too fast for me - but went straight into a carriere and had fun but struggeling with completing the practice tasks given from my race engineer - but great athmosphere and driving really ok. Sadly no VR!!!! But try them both in Steam for an hour and then you can refund. Btw - getting my pedals and wheel working in PC2 was not that easy. Kind of not detecting my pedals and even disconnecting at gamestart - found a tip at the Inet too plug them in after starting a raceweekend.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

holding out for a few updates then I'll give PC2 a try !

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have heard about Monza and Spa being very inaccurate. I know someone that will not be very happy about this:rolleyes:

bwana, Gaboni, Guimengo and 1 other person like this.
  18. Emery

Emery Registered

Figures from steamcharts.com indicate pCARS 2 is not stealing players from the established games.
    upload_2017-9-25_15-32-12.png

MarcG and vegaguy5555 like this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is it? For a game like this you'd expect FCY and Code 60 to be implemented... even ovals got no FCY that's pretty ridiculous for a studio with that budget

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

hmm having tried some more events, think I fell for the SMS BS. yes its good. But doing the Ginetta proving grounds in a gt4 class around cadwell spells BS to me. Who picks these tracks for these events.! It has improved in many areas, but the FFB still feel odd at times, jacks files just clips to crap. You end up driving this game how you would a less realistic sim in a way. Ai are on rails and seem to have grip like outrun!

Its not Rf2 or AMS or even AC

Damn that's twice bitten! Know how Jimmy feels now, just it doenst know what it wants to be!

pissed I spent over 30£ on this.

BigDuke6, muz_j and Adrianstealth like this.