Prohibit modification of rotation angle dedi server

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Jerry31, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Jerry31

Jerry31 Registered

Hello, is there a way to lock the angle of rotation of the wheel on a dedicated server. To prevent people from changing the angle of rotation of the vehicle?
    I realize that some people modify this original value of the vehicle for a smaller value and thus gain in speed of execution.
    I don't find that very fair.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the game can't lock down user settings to prevent this.

Also, even if it did, you can't stop a user changing the rotation within their wheel software. This is just one of those things you have to accept when you're racing remotely, as opposed to an organised LAN event where hardware and software can be controlled.

3. Brent

Brent Registered

Do you mean the "steering lock" value? That can be fixed with a custom rfm you'd need to edit with a text editor and select when creating the .rfmod. I would advise against fixing this as different steering wheels seem to work better with different steering locks and drivers usually have their own preference.

Here's the portion of the rfm, the FreeSettings value, that can fix the "steering lock" among these other settings. You'd have to add 1 with whatever other values you want to fix. The default steering lock would then be fixed to the value of the fixed setup.

// Settings that are free to be changed regardless of fixed or parc ferme setup. This can be overridden by the
    // player file. You must add the values of each setting that drivers are free to change:
    // 1 = steering lock
    // 2 = brake pressure
    // 4 = starting fuel
    // 8 = fuel strategy
    // 16 = tire compound
    // 32 = brake bias
    // 64 = front wing
    // 128 = engine settings (rev limit, boost, and engine braking)
    // For example, the default free settings are: steering lock (1) + brake pressure (2) + fuel strategy (8) = 11.
    // Possible values are -1 (use default value) up to 255 (which equals 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128).
    FreeSettings = 255

4. Jerry31

Jerry31 Registered

Thanks a lot for your answers. I would prefer to be sure and therefore have your view.
    Thank you also for the possible settings with .rfm files
    Good day to you.

Brent likes this.