Progress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Nov 26, 2012.

1. doug484

doug484 Registered

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

The whole ISI staff is from Finland. Our summer vacation lasts for 9 years, so yes you are imagining it.

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

To be fair...Lapping is kinda repetitious :p

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, it's a nice idea. But the patience runs out for everyone, eventually. It's happening right now (over the last few weeks) with AC I think. All of a sudden the comments on their stuff seems to have taken a turn. It's really disappointing to see it happen to other devs, too.

Who was the dev? I remember West Racing doing that I think. Unfortunate that never worked out.

5. 88mphTim

Well actually like with any job, you can get on a roll. "I'm just going to get this finished..." The devs do work really long hours.

6. 88mphTim

Nothing to do with HDR, but I have been considering making the switch. I have a 5870 now, and there's a couple of cheap nV cards rated better than mine on Amazon right now... Tough decision though, as rF2 looks quite nice on the 5870 as it is (and I'd be selling it to pay for the new one).

HDR shouldn't really cripple your card like that... How does the 5970 compare to the 5870? Mine runs well...

7. 88mphTim

Yes, as per the post you quoted: Since then builds 101, 107 and 118 have been released.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I can remember what kind of desk and chair there was, also that he had dark relatively long hair and he scratched his scalp often, with this data my poor and often mixing memory provides to me, I'm unable to find who it was, but there was 1 or maximum of 4 people working on that project and it most likely was some kind of driving game as I mostly am interested of those, but knowing my memory it could be the president as well having a speech on tv, there is no trusting my memory, it can be evil sometimes :eek:

9. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Patience peoples..... [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. 88mphTim

Do you remember a cat? :)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20090302171931/http://www.racing-legends.com/news.htm

11. 3Dnooblet

3Dnooblet Registered

RIP Spooky.

12. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Oeh, noes, the spooky :(

I think that those images look vaguely familiar, probably that is what I remembered then too. They had so pretty pics of cars, but sadly never got done much more, it is with so few people certainly difficult unless there is silly amount of funding behind them.

I see that west racing page has now unity engine plugins available for sale, pretty pics there too :D

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

/sarcasm off... I think ive been watching too many Top Gear episodes today, seems like folks are having hard time keeping up.

14. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Take care to not burn your fingers.
    I think ISI has to be 2 different comunication aprouches. One for the modders community and one for regular simracers.
    Maybe a lot information has been shared, but things are not clear enough with users of this forum. In my opinion and thats is all english skills a have left. My teacher should be lol

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

No harm in coming out and telling us what the next track is so we can stop speculating. ;)

16. 88mphTim

It's actually a nicer interaction within the community, or feels so to me, to give you the little clues, and it keeps folks busy. I kind of like getting you guys excited, but I'm trying to hooooold myself back on it for the community outside. :)

17. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I saw a track called "Frosty Canberra".......?

Canberra 400? wat da?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
  18. doug484

doug484 Registered

Oh, sorry! I misunderstood.

19. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

This is quite a good track in RF1 and hopefully the creator will find time to get it converted to RF2. I've had discussion with him on this and he would like to, but it's a matter of having the time.

20. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Ah Racing Legends... we savaged those poor guys on USENET and forums (so long ago, I was younger and meaner then) for releasing renderings of that highly detailed transporter when people were waiting for any form of drivable demo with any car.

Lookng at that link Tim posted, in hindsight I LOL at statements like "The battery needs finishing". The battery?!? Really?!?!

Man you people complaining about ISI's release schedule have no idea what we went through waiting for RL. ;)