Production car stuff

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by God Of Gaming, Aug 12, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think small comparision is in order.

rFactor:
    You press more throttle, auto shifting is not shifting lower gear until at very low rpm
    You lift off from throttle after previous event, auto shifting shifts down.

Reality:
    You press more throttle, auto box shifts to lower gear offering more acceleration
    You lift off from throttle after previous event, auto box shifts up or stays at gear, depending rpm.

Old or new, it works the same, but new ones have more adaptation to situation, however basic logic is such.

As can be seen in rFactor logic is reversed.

2. God Of Gaming

God Of Gaming Registered

I wouldn't know, haven't played it, but I watched a review where they said with all assists turned off the handling is sim-like. Whatever, I won't ever play it most likely.

Here's another. These assists - tc, esc, abs, to be available only on cars that have them in real life, and the transmission type to also be forced according to what the real car has - manual, semi-auto or automatic. The useless assists like steering help and braking help and such to be removed, I don't know anyone who uses them, even some friends that play with keyboard don't use them.

3. Some1

Some1 Registered

I love production cars, and I would really like to see a few small graphical improvements, which would improve immersion in rF2:
    - Popup headlights: this should be really easy to do, just add the ability to specify animation file for the headlight instances.
    - Light fade-in/out: most non-LED light bulbs produce a fade effect when the light is switched on or off. Only the LED lights appear to light up almost instantly. I think this one could be achieved by modulating the material alpha of the light instances...

4. God Of Gaming

God Of Gaming Registered

^if you're gonna animate the headlights, why not just allow animating anything on the car, for example allow to attach the model to a skeleton and use skeletal animation? Then we can for example animate how the driver moves the gear stick in cars with manual, and if they don't have a gear indicator on the dash, if you want to know which gear you're in you'll be able to look at the stick with TrackIR or your mouse and see which gear is it in :) Or animate how the engine and exhaust shake when revving, that can be cool, I've seen it in Colin McRae Rally 04 :) Or animate how mirrors and switches and other stuff in the cockpit shakes at high speed just like in pCARS :)

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

With real cars it does not matter which gear you have in, also with real cars whole car body rolls when you apply throttle :)