problems with the simucube 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abollinni, Oct 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. abollinni

abollinni Registered

hi everyone, can someone help me my simcube works with different simulators but not with rfactor2, i'm desperate because i don't know where to start

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

1. Make sure it's on before you start rF2.
    2. Load the controller profile in the game (there are profiles for the Pro, Sport, and Ultimate)

That should make it functional. Whether you may need to assign individual controls I'm not sure.

3. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I got a Simucube earlier this year and had similar problems. I ended up just assigning the controls and keys to the way I wanted them, and make sure they load each time I drive a different car.

SS

4. abollinni

abollinni Registered

hello Lazza, yes in fact I have already done this type of test but it still does not work, I saw that there are profiles already set but simcube does not show signs of life

5. abollinni

abollinni Registered

thanks for the information, how can I do to follow your advice the keys you mean where should I assign them? what program do I use to do it? I'm sorry but I'm just a beginner :-(thanks for the information, how can I do to follow your advice the keys you mean where should I assign them? what program do I use to do it? I'm sorry but I'm just a beginner :-(

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In the game. There's a calibration screen and an assignment screen. You go to the assignment screen, click the control you want to assign (e.g. Throttle), and then press the throttle. The game then assigns your input (pedal, button, key, wheel) to that control.

Note that when assigning the steering (steer left, and steer right) you should turn the wheel all the way in that direction. A small turn won't do it.

When assigning controls, don't touch anything until you've clicked the control to assign and the game is asking for your input. Otherwise things can get assigned incorrectly.

The calibration should show movement on the various axes when your controls are assigned correctly and you press the pedals and move the wheel.

7. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Yes exactly as Lazza has described it, then remember to save the changes with your own name, something like Simucube GT3 or what ever you want. I name them for the car I'm using.
    Assigning buttons is more for what you want to have on your steering wheel, like pit request & pit limiter, things like that.

SS