SOLVED Problems with dedicated server

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DANPROS, Feb 12, 2019.

1. DANPROS

DANPROS Registered

Good night!

Me and 2 friends starts to play rfactor 2 together, so i created a dedicated server in my pc.
    Everything works fine until we join the server. When the AI starts to fill the grid, i get kicked from the server, and when I come back, i can't see any of the AI, only my 2 friends. Funny that they can see me and all the AI.
    I tried with 3 classes (UF2000, NTCC Civic and Endurance Pack). I managed to make it "work" removing all the AI from the dedicated server tool and start adding it by voting in game. It kinda works but sometimes my friends see the AI as a yellow box with wheels.
    Any ideas??

Tyvm!!

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

So my first question is about how exactly you are creating this dedicated server:
    1. Are you running it on a separate computer?
    2. Are you running it anonymously on Steam (so without being logged in to your Steam account)?
    3. Did you properly setup your firewall and port forwarding, both so external users (your friends) can access it and yourself (from your own network)?
    Second remark, about the "yellow boxes with wheels". This is a phenomenon you will see on more servers. If you are already driving in your car and a new player joins the server (or AI) then you will see it as a yellow box. This was done to not introduce any lag (loading that car) while you are driving. The yellow box will disappear when you get out of the car (but stay on the server). At that point it will load the proper car for you.

DANPROS likes this.
  3. DANPROS

DANPROS Registered

Hi Marcel!
    Thanks for your anwser

1- No, i am running in the same computer that i use to play
    2- No!
    3- My firewall its turned off, and the ports are fowarded in my router.

Oh thanks for this info about the yellow boxes! I will try it next time.

So, i can join my server (i get kicked in the first attempt but i can join in the second try). My friends can join too. When i join the server i can see the AI and my friends, then i get kicked. When i come back, all the AI are "invisible" to me, but my friends see it normally.

Tyvm!!!

4. DANPROS

DANPROS Registered