Problems with dedicated server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by LionHeart, Aug 6, 2012.

1. LionHeart

LionHeart Registered

After updating the game to v101 i had some problems connecting to my dedicated server, so I uninstalled and did a fresh install.

After clean install it seems all problems were gone...for a few races...
    The dedicated server is running on my gaming PC, so it's not a real dedicated server. My internet connection is 20 Mbit up and 20 Mbit down (so a bit over 2 megabytes both ways).

In one race I saw cars disappearing - we were running like 6 or 7 clients and all was well, after a few laps people crashed/left and only me and anotherone left racing (and someone was still in pits) so total 3 clients and then they all vanished and didn't reappear until next race weekend.

Also i left my PC and the rf2 dedicated server running over night and the next day i stopped the dedicated server and wanted to restart the dedicated server but i could not. In the Launcher when i pressed Host button, i saw that window "Initializing ISI dedicated server..." then nothing more. In Task manager i saw that the Dedicated server.exe is running (7mb memory usage, no CPU usage) but i could not see any window. I killed the process and tried again and experienced the same thing.
    Then i restarted the Launcher and I could start the dedicated server without problems (the Launcher was also open all night).
    PS: I have a dynamic IP that changes over night so maybe that is causing this issue.