Problems updating FormulaPro_2021 on dedicated server

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Flipo, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Hello Guys, I need help.
    I made an update for FormulaPro_2021 and I have problems installing it on the dedicated server with ModMgr.

In the local ModMgr (from my PC) everything works correctly, you see that it tells you that version 0.99 has an update, you install it and it updates correctly to v1.0, but in the ModMgr. of the Dedicated Server also tells you that version 0.99 has an update and when you click update, you see that it installs it but then version 0.99 continues to appear.

I did the update in two ways to test:
    version 1.0 from 0.98
    and
    version 1.0 from 0.99
    neither works on the dedicated server on my PC if both work.
    The server is unlocked with the ServerUnlock.bin

Thanks in advance for the answers

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Does the second part of this guide do anything differently to what you've tried? https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/custom-liveries-how-to-make-an-update-rfcmp-for-league-use

Flipo likes this.
  3. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Thanks for responding @Lazza
    That is what I did, in fact I have already done many updates of different mods and all of them work when I install it on the dedicated server but this update does not work for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The two main things I take from the guide and questions/responses I've seen previously is to always update only from the even number (0.98 in this case, never 0.99) and the Step 4 from the guide where the exact folder name is used as the name for the component when packaging. I don't have the FPro so I don't know if what's what you've done, but if so then I'm out of ideas.

*(I would also think it's best to give yours a version number of 0.99xxx (some text) rather than 1.0, as that could cause issues if the actual car is updated and has versions of 1.0 and 1.01 - as you'll already have a 1.0 in there. But I doubt that's causing you issues right now)

Flipo likes this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@Flipo You can try to install an Update, that i have made 2 Weeks ago and that adds an Upgrades Option to remove the vertical Halo Bar.
    Here is the Post where i have linked it.
    That Update works and can be installed, so you can check if it works for you too, to know if there is something wrong with yours.

Flipo likes this.
  6. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Thanks for the help @redapg

It works correctly when you install it from MANAGE CONTENT inside rFactor2, just like mine, but with ModMgr it doesn't work, since it doesn't appear in the list of Vehicles.

I have the problem on the dedicated server, because as far as I know, mods can only be installed with ModMgr, I don't know any other way to do it, unless you copy the folder: ....rFactor 2-Installed-Vehicles-FormulaPro_2021-0.99noHalo from my rFactor2 and paste it in the same path on the server, so I guess I'll have to do it like this.

Thanks again.

redapg likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, you are right, i should have tested it.
    I just looked into the ModMgr when it was installed already and it was there, so i thought it also would be there if it wasn't installed.
    I have tested it with the DLC 0.99 now, where i have deleted it from the Installed... Folder and put it's rfcmp into the Packages Folder.
    In that Way, the 0.98 appears with the Info, that there is an available Update, in the ModMgr then.
    So i have tested another Method and that seems to work.
    I have removed the original 0.99 from the Installed.. Folder AND also the original 0.99 rfcmp from the Packages Folder and the own Update rfcmp is still in the Packages Folder.
    Now, the 0.98 also appears with the "available Update" Info in the ModMgr and the own Update can be installed.
    After that, you just have to move the original 0.99 back and everything is installed.
    Try out, if that works for you too.

Flipo likes this.