Problems to recognize mods

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Sergio Lorente, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Sergio Lorente

Sergio Lorente Registered

I have problems to install all the mods, i've copied all the .rfmod files on the "package" folder, but it only recognize the World Series mod; I cannot recognize megane trophy and 60's.

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You need to run the mod manager from the launcher, then right click on each mod and choose install.

3. Sergio Lorente

Thats the problem, the mod manager don't recognize the .rfmod files to install

4. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

You have tried to have the data and settings in a different folder than the core install? :)

5. Sergio Lorente

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sorry but I am not sure what might have caused it, so I'll give you the easiest solution I know of:

1. Move the rfmod files somewhere safe.
    2. Uninstall rf2 via control panel.
    3. Delete rFactor2 folder from My Documents (or wherever you told the installer to put data).
    4. Install rf2.
    5. Put rfmod files in packages folder
    6. Launch mod manager.
    7. install 1960s.
    8. Install Meganes.
    9. Install SMALLER 3.5 file, version 1.0.
    10. Launch rF2.
    11. Go to series, navigate to 3.5, click update.

Basically what I am trying to do is recreate your rfmod and installed mod storage.

7. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Hmm, so it only recognized the 3.5 mod.

Did you download from torrents, or a HTTP/FTP link. If you did download from HTTP/FTP, the download could've been interrupted, corrupted or in any way not done correctly. If so, you should try to download again from a different source. If you did download the torrents. I'm sorry, I don't have an idea :(

And of course all the stuff Tim mentions! :)

8. Sergio Lorente

Done & Fixed. Thank you very much!

9. SeKa

SeKa Registered

1. Move the rfmod files somewhere safe. / check
    2. Uninstall rf2 via control panel. / check
    3. Delete rFactor2 folder from My Documents (or wherever you told the installer to put data). / check
    4. Install rf2. / check
    5. Put rfmod files in packages folder / check
    6. Launch mod manager. / check
    7. install 1960s. / check
    8. Install Meganes. / invisible
    9. Install SMALLER 3.5 file, version 1.0. / invisible
    10. Launch rF2. / only 1960s available
    11. Go to series, navigate to 3.5, click update. / only 1960s available

No chance to install the mods anyway, what can I do now Tim?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  10. Jason123

Jason123 Registered

Same problem in that, keep getting this message

Mod "Formula Renault 3.5 1.1" failed to verify, removed from inventory

11. Jason123

Jason123 Registered

If I launch mod manager on its own, I can get it to install the FRenault, but when starting rf2 it just removes it from the inventory. When launching mod manager from rf2, the rfmod file does not show up on the list in mod manager.

12. 88mphTim

SeKa - same again. If it is properly uninstalling and being cleared out there shouldn't be anything making those mods invisible. If it wasn't properly uninstalled, or the mods were altered in some way, then it could just repeat itself.

13. 88mphTim

If it failed to verify, there's a reason. You probably have an incomplete download.

14. Jason123

Jason123 Registered

Both Frenaults were seeding on utorrent 100%, surley that indicates they are fully downloaded?

I was also before a recent re install getting the same verification problem for the other 2 mods as well, yet with the re install are working ok. Just this last one is invisible.

15. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Ok, I hope this will help to sort something:

I tried out every constellation between internal and external HDD, in separate or one Partition on a XP 32bit PC. Only one executing was partially successful.

Installation core and data to C: was the only one option to install the rfmods with ModMgr.exe. Not possible over Launcher, not possible to update Renault with series.
    But this effort to install the mods, means also in other case, the launcher didn´t find the mods and runs on error "no mod files or installed mods found".

I´m unsure what i have to think about Murphys law, and so hope for ISIs Help... ;)

PS: of course this log too...

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Jan 11 2012 19:48:13
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod "1960s World Class Racing 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "Formula Renault 3.5 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "Renault Megane Trophy 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "Formula Renault 3.5 1.1" is an update to a non-existant base mod, removed from inventory.

16. heymoa

heymoa Registered

Same issue here, re-downloaded packages, moved package folder and only 60's package recognised in mod manager. All packages are in the package folder and if I go to all cars and tracks in game menu I can race any car/track so they work but the series are not being recognised. Other issue was at first install the F3 mod showed up in game and I clicked on update and the mod disappeared from game menu. No pop up to say mods failed to verify only found the log by chance.

Doesn't bode well for all the mods people are going to make if this simple process doesn't work with ISI created mod packages.

17. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Now I got a solution here, which works fine for me. I Tried the whole day countless Versions of Installations, only the following steps makes the hit. It is a non c: Installation, which should be normal :

1. Make a directory on Partition xy: for DataInstall
    2. Make a directory on same Partition for CoreInstall(not within the first folder, handle it as to folders for one rF2 install)
    3. Install rFactor2 acording step 4
    4. Mark the Destination for Core and Data install as above in two different folder
    5. After Install copy the rfmod files in folder /DataInstall/package
    6. Start ModMgr.exe in folder /CoreInstall/core
    7. define in ModMgr.exe the /package folder for the rfmod files if needed
    8. install all mods
    9. start rFactor2 and you will run in windows error on loading screen of a session(in my case)
    10. break and go back to ModMgr.exe and uninstall the 4 mod files, that you installed by step 8(don´t delete in /package folder
    11. close ModMgr.exe and start the launcher, lower right klick on "Manage Mods", which will start also the ModMgr.exe but in a other way.
    12. Now you see here the mod files(that before was failed) after defining if needed
    13. install now all mods again.
    14 now you should pretty fine and done with all like me. Start any session and excuse my english :)

I guess it is a problem of hierarchic data structure, but unsure, may err.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  18. Jason123

Jason123 Registered

I got this during/right after step 9... didn't even bother loading a race as all I could select was all track and vehicle.

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Jan 12 2012 12:52:24 PM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod "1960s World Class Racing 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "Formula Renault 3.5 1.1" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "Renault Megane Trophy 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory

But... after following rest of your steps it now works. I dunno if thats because your steps are different or because I install to c:\rfactordata and c:\rfactorcore as opposed to c:\*folder*\rfactor 2 and c:\program files\rfactor 2 or not but either way it works so thanks.

19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ok, I'm having this issue too, this is how my installation experience has gone so far.

Downloaded rfmod files days before executable and stored them on my hdd untouched. Every download I made via torrent which I should not use according to my ISP.

Downloaded excutable and installed it to K:\program files\rfactor2 and data to K:\program files\rfactor2.

Copied all rfmod files to K:\program files\rfactor2\Packages folder.

Installed one mod, I think it was Megane via clicking Manage Mods, launched rFactor 2 developer mode and studied it there a bit, came back explored Advanced from launcher and noted log window, which was empty, but made note to keep it up when launching single player mode to see if something comes up to it. Oh yes and configured rFactor2 to run in windowed mode.

Started single player mode and did see 60's series there too with install button, installed that in game, no errors. Tested 60's F3 car, then quit and noted there was nothing in launcher log window.

Then I did play around a bit with rtrainer mod and developer mode, decided to look what is behind Customize button at bottom, chose customize UI and selected only available option, I think it was Mod view UI and after pressing Accept (I think, or was it install?) rFactor2 window did go black and never came alive until I did shut down rfactor2 window and lauched developer mode again.

Again I close developer mode as I remember I had intend to test Meganes, so I start single player mode.

I go to series and select Meganes, select the car and go to track.

I find out that there is no engine sound in Meganes, so exited rFactor 2, exited launcher, visited forums and found nothing about sound missing Meganes.

Then I started rFactor2 launcher again and noticed from Advanced tab that there was message in log window saying Meganes were removed from inventory, because it failed to verify, I could no longer try to install it again, also it did no longer show up at series but when I did chose all cars and tracks I could choose soundless Megane to drive around.

Now then I did test to uninstallling rFactor2 and installing it again and as I did read here to use different folder for data I put data to K:\program files\rf2data, again I did put rfmod files to packages folder, again started launcher, chose Manage Mods to launch mod manager and chose install 60's series rfmod file, this time mod manager says verification failed and is not starting install.

I would think that rfmod files are not faulty as they are the same as before.

I did try to disable antivirus and do copying, installing rfmod installation routine again, but now result stays same.

So next I did try to install Megane rfmod by clicking Manage mods button so mod manager starts up and I choose to install Megane, which works fine now, I start rFactor2 and verify Megane works, sound works ok.

Then while in game, I choose series, there I see 60's series, select that and choose install, no errors, works great, then I install frenault from ingame also, no errors, I test all works fine.

Then I exit rFactor2, exit launcher, start launcher and go to Advanced tab, there I see from log window now that All mods and components verified.

When installing mod ingame it perhaps skips verification?

Some specs
    WinXP SP3 (eng) Regional setting Finnish
    AVG Antivirus
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
    3GB ram
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 512
    20GB free on drive rfactor2 installed, 4GB on C: drive, however temp folders etc. reside on K: drive.

This may or may not be helpful, but this is how things did happen to me as well as I can recall them, if I had to guess, something probably messes up mod manager verification calculation? However I really don't know why this happens, however installing rfmod, which will not install, from ingame might work as workaround at least in some cases.

Don't know anything about how this affects to online racing as I really don't race online, my internet is too crappy for that, 250-1500ms lag, so be warned that online side remains untested.

20. Richard Tol

Richard Tol Registered

Hi there i have a simular problem the mod manager does not reconize the 60s mod but megane and 3.5 work perfect.

I have noticed one thing while installing the 60s mod while in game.

I got a c + + runtime error and after that even when i moved folders downloaded everything again (twice) deleted and uninstalled the mod files nothing seems to fix this.

Tonight i am going to remove rf2 complete and reinstall all data to see if it can be fixed this way.