Problems logitech G27 Rfactor 2: force ffb very strong/heavy

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by popeyesbd, Aug 24, 2014.

1. popeyesbd

popeyesbd Registered

Hello,

I bought rFactor 2 a couple weeks ago and I still have troubles with the wheel feeling because it is very hard. It becomes very hard in the following situations:
    - When car is running slow or stopped; for instance when car is running on the pitstop.
    - Using GT or LM cars like Mercedes_SLS, Porsche, McLaren, Audi R8 LM, BMW Z5 GT3...
    - When the car is on the track and it starts to skid, this became very hard.

I already changed a lot of parameters from logitech profiler and also inside the .json (old .ini) files controller to try to solve the problem, but the game doesn't works properly yet.

The only way that I found to solve this problem is decrease the parameter "CAR SPECIFIC FF-B MULT 1.00" to lower than 1.00 inside the game, but I think this will decrease also the feedback of the physics of the car and track because in straights the ffb is very soft but in the curves it still very hard/heavy.

I attach here my current setups:
    View attachment 14067

View attachment 14068

View attachment 14069

Can anyone help me to fix this problem to be able to enjoy this game?!!

THANKS very much in advance!

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I guess you are speaking of BES mod.. best ffb multi value vary in each mod. BES mod has really strong forces so you have to use lower ffb multi value. I have T500 wheel and I use 0.32 multi with this mod. No too weak forces with this value. TM profile force is 60%. In most of the other mods I have ffb multi of 0.5-0.6. You should try higher steering torque minimum value in player.json. Search forums for instructions to set right value. It will make low end forces stronger so you can lower ffb multi without feeling numb in low end.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have a G27 too, and since that's a pretty lousy wheel compared to for example the belt driven ones, you need to apply some ffb smoothing. 2 is imo way too low. I run 12 for it to be tolerable, with the noise and heavy grinding of the wheel.

Also have a look at the big ffb thread here on the forum. There's everything you need to know to avoid clipping and other bad stuff. Its a definite must-read to get the best out of a bad wheel.

EDIT:
    Here's the link. Read all the way through the first post.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19034-Optimal-FFB-settings-in-rFactor-2-guide-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  4. popeyesbd

popeyesbd Registered

Yes, I was talking about the cars of the "BES mod". I didn't know that all of them were so strong. I'll try to decrease the value of ffb less than 0.5. Thx!

5. popeyesbd

popeyesbd Registered

I read it before but there is a lot of parameters to test at the same time and, after try a lot, I decide to write this post ;)
    Could you share your setup?

THX a lot for your answers!

6. popeyesbd

popeyesbd Registered

I read it before but there is a lot of parameters to test at the same time and, after try a lot, I decide to write this post ;)

7. popeyesbd

popeyesbd Registered

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Try ffb mult. of 0.5 then go up or down at intervals of .05 from there.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sure man. I'll post my setup later this evening. Cheers

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks, waiting, too :)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Here we go.
    Remember, the ffb multiplier in-game varies from car to car.

View attachment 14074
    View attachment 14075

"Force Feedback":{
    "Brake effects on steer axis":0,
    "Brake effects on steer axis#":"0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Brake effects strength":10000,
    "Brake effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Brake spring coefficient":0.3,
    "Brake spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Brake spring saturation":1,
    "Brake spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Clutch effects on steer axis":0,
    "Clutch effects on steer axis#":"0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Clutch effects strength":10000,
    "Clutch effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Clutch spring coefficient":0.2,
    "Clutch spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Clutch spring saturation":1,
    "Clutch spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Gearbox effects on steer axis":0,
    "Gearbox effects on steer axis#":"0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Gearbox effects strength":10000,
    "Gearbox effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Gearbox spring coefficient":0,
    "Gearbox spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Gearbox spring saturation":1,
    "Gearbox spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Ignore controllers":0,
    "Ignore controllers#":"Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)",
    "Jolt magnitude":0.4,
    "Jolt magnitude#":"How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.",
    "Off-road multiplier":0,
    "Off-road multiplier#":"Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)",
    "Other spring coefficient":0.2,
    "Other spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Other spring saturation":1,
    "Other spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Rumble strip magnitude":0,
    "Rumble strip magnitude#":"How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.",
    "Rumble strip pull factor":1.5,
    "Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",
    "Rumble strip update thresh":0.05,
    "Rumble strip update thresh#":"Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)",
    "Rumble strip wave type":0,
    "Rumble strip wave type#":"Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.",
    "Skip updates":0,
    "Skip updates#":"Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)",
    "Steering effects strength":7000,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
    "Steering resistance coefficient":0.81,
    "Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
    "Steering resistance saturation":0.81,
    "Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0",
    "Steering resistance type":0,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
    "Steering spring coefficient":0,
    "Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering spring saturation":0.1,
    "Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering torque extrap blend":0,
    "Steering torque extrap blend#":"Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)",
    "Steering torque extrap time":0.015,
    "Steering torque extrap time#":"Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)",
    "Steering torque filter":12,
    "Steering torque filter#":"Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)",
    "Steering torque minimum":0.095,
    "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult":1.7,
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
    "Steering torque sensitivity":1,
    "Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult":0.45,
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",
    "Throttle effects on steer axis":0,
    "Throttle effects on steer axis#":"0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.",
    "Throttle effects strength":10000,
    "Throttle effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Throttle spring coefficient":0.1,
    "Throttle spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Throttle spring saturation":1,
    "Throttle spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Type":1,
    "Type#":"Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble\/gamepad 4=custom"

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks mate!

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You're very welcome. Hope it'll take you towards getting some more enjoyment out of this amazing sim!

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

No need, i know, rF2 is the best ;-)

The only complaint i have, is about the very poor triple screen support...

However, thanks again, keep racing!