Problems joining the server as if using spectator mode, but it's disabled

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DocJones, Oct 9, 2015.

1. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I would like to try and investigate a problem some of our drivers ran into in a league event we held yesterday. They were - in a warmup session - unable to join the server in a normal fashion but were instead listed below the drivers in the 'Standings' screen as if using spectator mode - only they didn't. I found the issue described here, but not much of a solution.
    Euskotracks (here) mentions the issue was not a new one but occurred in earlier builds already. I haven't heard or read about it before though, and none of our drivers and admin team has. The proposed workaround by Euskotracks to change cars while staying connected to the server was not available to any of those affected by the issue as the menu was greyed out.
    One person was able to join by closing rF2 and launcher and reconnecting. However, only seconds later another driver lost connection to the server and wasn't able to rejoin but ran into just the described issue. I don't think it's a hardware / network issue though since we hosted races with more participents in the past without issues (24 yesterday). We also host R3E events on the same VPS on a different day of the week with two grids running simultaniously on two server instances (2x20 drivers) without problems.

Some server details, it's a VPS running:
    CPU: Intel® Xeon® E5-2660V3 (4 cores allocated to the VPS)
    RAM: 12GB DDR 4 ECC
    HDD/SSD: 240GB SSD RAID 10
    Network connection: 1 GBit/s

rF2 Version: Build 1008
    Car used: ISI's Renault Mégane + Update (containing .veh and .dds files with personalized skins for each of our participents).
    Track used: Oulton Park 1.11 + Update (modified .SCN (some fotographers & pitworkers removed) and .AIW to allow for more garage- and pitspots)
    vMod referencing aforementioned components + ISI's Silverstone 1.35 (stock, no modifications)

If anybody has experienced the issue and/or knowledge about it, please chime in. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

This has already been reported.
    The simplest solution is to change the car. You don't have to exit the server to do so.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I know this has been reported, I linked to the thread where you and others talk about it. However, I have a league race coming up on thursday and don't want to have another race with part of our drivers not able to join. The intention of this thread is to get more info and possibly a pattern worked out so the issue can avoided as best as possible.

Changing the car without leaving the server was not available to the drivers as I wrote above.