Problem with my Microsoft Sidewinder

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mike_D, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Mike_D

Mike_D Registered

Hello, lads! As it turns out the game does not seem to work with my steering wheel (Microsoft Sidewinder). Is there any way to fix this? It knows it's connected, but it does not allow me to detect it and set it up. "No matching controller file found" is what it shows when I choose "Detect".

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Hello Mike, the Microsoft Sidewinder wheel is quite old. Microsoft stopped selling them in 2003 and before that the wheel was on sale for about 8 years. Because it's so old, we did not make a standard profile for it, which is why it tells you it can't fine a matching controller file. That said, you should still be able to assign the steering, pedals and buttons manually. Before you do, make sure the wheel and pedals are properly calibrated in Windows. If you're not sure how to do that, search the internet for tools like "dxtweak2" or "diview" which allow you to setup any standard controller.

Mike_D likes this.
  3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I have one in my rig that i have in the garage,it works great,is the latest one whit usb and ffb :)

Mike_D likes this.
  4. Mike_D

Mike_D Registered

Indeed, I have this wheel since 2004! I am able to use it with other sims without any problems, but in this case I'm trying to assign the wheel input, the buttons and the pedals but they don't seem to register at all. I'll try the tools you've suggested and I'll get back to you!

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  5. Mike_D

Mike_D Registered

It works like a charm! Thank you so much!