Problem With Flags

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by vicent-sollana, Sep 13, 2012.

1. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Hi guys,

I have found a problem, when the track is under yellow flag the marshalls are showing green flag's.

Is this a bug?

Did i do something wrong? And if i did,what is it?

Thanks.

2. ethone

ethone Registered

Misnamed .anm file or misnamed flag texture files perhaps? Misnamed meaning it's the file that holds the green flag part but is named like the yellow flag part.

Another wild guess: Did you move the pivot of the marshal mesh as well to its new positions? And is the AIW "finished" so rF2 can determine where the track is clear and where it isn't?

3. vicent-sollana

I have ".anm" files that are called ,CW_FLAGDOWN,CW_FLAGHELD,CWFLAGWAVE,CW_SAFETYCAR,CW_VICTORY, I think that they are named correctly,Correct me if i'm wrong.

The pivot of the marshal is in it's place because the animation is correct.

The AIW.....is not finished yet maybe is that because i checked the textures of the flags and they are fine.

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Be sure you're using a proper numeration for marshals in the .SCN (starting from zero to X without missing numbers) and remember to check the option in the GMT exporter called "fix bone names".

BTW this issue can have a lot of causes so it's not easy to solve without take a look into the project. Could be caused by the AIW, by wrong marshals editing, wrong naming, exporting, corrupted bones, missing animations, wrong folder name, missing folder in the SCN etc...

5. vicent-sollana

The marshal's are named :

I didn't select the "fix bone names" box,but it's still not working after selecting the box,here is a snapshoot:

View attachment 3956

6. Tuttle

Did you have the animation folder rooting in your SCN?

Are you using ISI stock animations or are you trying to export your own animation from max?

7. vicent-sollana

In the SCN i have this:

I use the animations of isi, maybe it's the problem?

8. Tuttle

Seems everything is ok with your project. I suggest you to finish your AIW file to see what happen with marshals.

If you don't have any rush I can help you with your marshals but I'll need a basic version of your project. I solved the same issue with feels3 Croft. He sent me the basic project and I re-sent the project with marshals working. Sometimes is more easy to do the job than speculating about every possible solution in a forum..:) Let me know.

9. vicent-sollana

Ok i'm going to upload the files and send them to you,thanks a lot.

10. Tuttle

Remember; I need of a basic .max file with just the terrain and marshals, plus a basic version of the moddev to test the exporting.

You can use a PM to send me the link. ;)

11. vicent-sollana

I'm uploading the scene and the circuit for moddev, I only have three pairs of marshalls in the scene,that way i can see how you did it and try to do it myself.

Thanks.

12. Tuttle

Ok. Just checked.

Seems you've deleted some parts from the CW...or your rigs was broken. I used my CW (taken from Dunsfold) and they're working.

You have to import ISI CW, as they're, without modify the bone structure in any way.

Let me know if you want to try by yourself, deleting your actual CW, and re-importing from scratch...or if you want the project back with my 2 CW working.

13. Tuttle

Another suggestion...Try to use layers for your instances. The project is a messed up room with ton of istances, paths, bones etc... Create one layer for every Main section of your project, this way you can easily work between all those different parts of the track and you don't have to fight with your GPU thanks to the one click layer hiding/freezing...:)

14. vicent-sollana

Thanks a lot.

I'm going to erase the CW and re-import the ISI one. Thank you for your advice on the layers, I have to find a way to make it more accesible for me to work on it.

Again, thanks a lot for your time and your advice.

15. Tuttle

Sounds good. Check your flag maps sequence because it seems some numbers are missing in your devmode folder.

16. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

is it just the instance name that needs to be in order or the gmt names as well??