Problem with /editgrid

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Juergen Muench, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Juergen Muench

Juergen Muench Registered

Hi there,
    are there known issues about using the '/editgrid' and '/batch grid' commands?

I found nothing by searching, so I´m asking.

My problem:
    We run a qualification over two weeks and put the results together and build a 'grid' to load it during warmup on raceday.
    We noticed that some drivers won´t get catched with the '/gridedit' command. So they won´t get their right position and starting order over all could be like hell. We run now six races like this and mostly it was just one driver left who didn´t get catched by it, so it doesn´t matter. But in two races there were more than one driver affected and we had a little truble and can´t find a solution.
    Last race we ecountered that the '/setmass' command work on affected driver but not '/editgrid'. I could put weigth on him but couldn´t set correct grid position.
    After about half an hour on server and ten times '/batch grid', with the correct '/editgrid ...' in it, it suddenly worked. Therefore, the grid file and their commands are correct.

Unfortunately is this unconstant behavior a little crap.

We are aware of the problem with some spaces behind name and surname. And affected drivers are connected with the server at time of execussion.

I hope to get an answer whether there is any known problem with this behavior and whether s397 is aware of this and working on a solution or will it stay this way.

2. Corti

Corti Registered

3. lagg

lagg Registered

The command always works for me.
    I use it in batch file format.
    I've only have had problems with spaces and special characters. We forbide those characters in our league to avoid problems with grid and penalties

4. Juergen Muench

Thanks Corti for your reply. But I don´t need help with creating a batch file and I know how to use them.

To be more precise, it seems just to be the '/gridedit' command which makes trouble with some drivers.

No response from server / chat. Position 21 (changed the name to mine) is on the server but won´t catched by /editgrid.
    Position 22 and 23 aren´t on the server at that time.

Also with an '/editgrid' manually the driver won´t get catched.

But a '/setmass' command worked.

Changed the name of the affected driver to mine, you can be sure, that there is no typing mistake, space in between or a special character.

Later in this session...

5. Juergen Muench

In generall we had also no problems with grid files and the '/gridedit' commands etc.
    Therefore we decided to use it for this series to, but here we get unfortunatly a strange and new behavior which we didn´t knew.
    So I report it. ;)