problem installing a specific mod

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Comante, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

One of the driver of our league recently switched to steam installation. Everything when fine and dandy, except for the championship's mod. He tried everything, from reinstalling from scratch , redowloading the package, all the other track and mod package install fine, but this very specific one give a message error : mod file can't be installed (or something on this line).
    I can't wrap my head around what the issue is.
    Thank you for your suggestions

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Maybe broken/corrupted download.
    Try downloading mod again.

3. Comante

Comante Registered

Already done, 3 times, the same file work without issue to the other drivers, and to the same driver before reinstalling to steam

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Steam wouldn't be the culprit here as far as I know.
    It sounds like he is missing a component or has a different version of a track/mod that your league mod file needs.
    This is all assuming the file he is having the trouble with is the file your league admin made for your series and not the actual car or location mod.

You say he did a clean reinstall.
    I think you can tell Steam to install it to a different location than where it is now, maybe try that.
    I'm not near my pc so I'm just throwing out ideas without being able to check the accuracy.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Steam may be putting some files in a different folder and your mod is getting lost. Good luck sorting this out.
    As always, ensure first the Steam install is fully working and up to date. Verify the install, and only THEN try to install the mod. Instead of C:/rFactor 2/Gamefiles, you will have to probably have to manually place the files in a location similar to this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages