Problem converting track from rfactor 1 to rfactor 2

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by floreacalin, Feb 12, 2017.

1. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

I converted the track, all works, but on the onboard camera grass and most of the other textures are very over exposed and bright. On some cameras they flicker also, like the swingman camera. Any ideeas?

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Flickering textures will probably be double sided textures the brightness will be you need to change textures to albedo maps.

3. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

And can i fix thosw on 3dsimed? Doesn't sound like something very complicated, whatever those are haha. Thanks tho, I'll try some stuff tomorrow

4. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Is there anybody here than can convert a bunch of rf1 tracks to rf2? i'm willing to pay for that work, arround 10 tracks, no need for realroad or anything fancy, i just need them to work offline and online, no ai lines, no cameras (at least not at the beginning), just a quick and dirty convert so that it works properly.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I can do quick and dirty conversions.

6. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Over saturated textures.. go into your folder (find all Jpg, dds etc.. open each in photoshop.. ctrl U - desaturate them by about 10-20, go to darkenss and darken them a little... Save..

This is a quick and nasty way to desuturate them for RF2 PBR.

7. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Rf1 Texture (Will look super saturated when light is applied by PBR), so you need to desaturate it (as per below). To make it look like it would in real life when there is no direct sunlight (Thats a poor way of explaining it).. the PBR will then add light and/or remove light depending on night and day to the texture. (hence why when you do this on RF1 Standard textures they go super exposed)

Capture.JPG

haunetal1990 likes this.