Preset tire strategy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Dec 1, 2022.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello again.

Doesn't it seem very strange that being one of the best simulators, we don't have the possibility to save a strategy setting for the tires, as well as we have for the fuel?

I don't know about you, but in my case I am a driver, mechanic, track engineer, team manager, pit wall engineer... so it would be very useful for me to save my tire strategy, as I do with the fuel strategy, and not having to be aware of changing it during the formation lap, the start light process, in the pit lane when I make the stop or in the middle of the race.

Something like this:

[​IMG]

Don't you think that would be something really useful?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    sg333, mantasisg, r00b Driver and 5 others like this.
  2. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Wouldn't it also be useful to be able to force a pitstop with tyre change and/or fuel in offline races as well ;)

It would be nice to be able to practice different strategies before an online race.

Hey ho, we can only hope :D

JParra, GT_ONE and mantasisg like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have no idea how some of the drivers manage to navigate through the options and assign them all at the same time while racing without totally sacrificing pace. It would be very helpful to set it in advance in garage before race.

JParra likes this.
  4. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

Prepare pitstop a few laps before, and set it on the straight part of the track

5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

a buttonbox for the menu (4 buttons), helps a little, but cant avoid loosing some pace. With Crewchief it should be possible to change setting with tires etc, but somehow I cant remember what to say and often it doesn't understand me.

JParra likes this.
  6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Yes Crew Chief can make the changes for you, including tires and fuel, I think. "Box for soft tires" is one of the commands, but it usually takes a few tries to get it right.

CC was also updated recently to set no change for tires as the default which confused a lot of people. So in theory, it could be changed to accommodate your pit stop strategy. Or another plugin could do it.

Most of the races I've done recently have not required refueling, but I do remember that setting refueling strategy in the game resulted in pit stops being automatically selected too early.

7. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@Bill Worrel preset fuel and number of stops in the setup menu, confuses more than it helps.
    It calls you in for pitstop before needed. If you have changed fuel level etc on you way to pit, when in pit it alters the levels back, though fueling what you wanted- its just confusing. This would have been better to leave at changed or changing it back out of pit.

It could be cool if you could predefine pit strategies scenario1, scenario2... and then you could choose that on pitting.

JParra, Seven Smiles and davehenrie like this.