Prepping for the open beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

I understand, mate. This wasn't directed at you personally. There seems to be a lot of question about this from a lot of folks, so I just wanted to lay it on the line, directly from the source as it were, so that if ANYONE has a question as to what/how/why they have a direct answer :)

If anyone see's any posts asking, "Why do I HAVE to do this?", or "What do I get for my money?", etc then you can point them here :)

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Oh, OK Scott. Thanks then :) Cheers mate.

3. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Cheers, as well. Enjoy your holiday, mate :)

4. wolfattack

wolfattack Registered

Hi everyone,

I have asked this on the VirtualR and will ask here too,hoping someone from the ISI staff will clarify a few things to me. :)

1- First of all,let's assume i would buy the game now.after the Open Beta testing is over,i'll get a DVD or Digital version of the full game and final release?

2 - if it will be a Digital version,will this option be free of DRM (Digital Rights Management)?

3 - if it will be a DVD version,it will be shipped to other countries,like Brazil?

well,this will be all.
    Thanks in advance and i wish a Great Christmas to everyone! ;)

5. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

Agreed

6. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

one question: if I buy the pre-release, may I race single player until I decide to go multy and then login for the first time (making the 18 months start from that moment and not the purchase)?

Thank you and sorry if this is a dumb question.

7. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

No. You pay for content to, not only for multiplayer mode.

8. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

sure, but I'd like to delay only my 18 months MM access (don't have DSL in a few months)... just wondering if it's possible...

9. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I think not, because you need code to unlock content to even play game offline. But when you give the code to unlock content, you get multiplayer mode to. This two things(singleplayer&multiplayer) are combined with one code, but maybe i am wrong.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
  10. Marcelo Machado

Marcelo Machado Registered

Not before 2012?

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

As they have said... releasing the open beta over the holiday period is not gonna happen.

How about we just chill, and look forward to Rfactor 2 in 2012 :)

12. DA

DA Registered

I have made the choice. Issue rFactor 2 Beta more likely! :D

13. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Will be the new weather system be included (including rain) in the beta and will the tyre wear be affected by the track's grip ?

14. Traveller

Traveller Member

Look at post #99 in this thread.

15. coops

coops Banned

will we see video's of these b4 release to the beta and beyond, or will you be just directly putting these in the beta or game?

16. Rogenator

Rogenator Registered

I have an idea dont bother with it cause its more then you can handel

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Thanks mate! You know, I was just about to hang myself (on a wireless phone) because I couldn't handle it, but thanks to your advice, I feel much better now! You brought me my life back!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
  18. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

Will people be able to publish mods for the beta before the final version of the game is released?

19. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Internal mod distribution and installing has been tested. The open-beta will allow us to see whether modders approach things differently and highlight any potential flaws in the system. That will probably be the most important aspect of the beta initially. So, yes, people will be able to publish mods :) .

20. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Reading trough all this topic i start looking to ISI and their products in different way.
    I started my life in simracing exactly with rf (i play since zx spectrum in 84 but real simulator for first time was rf).I loved the way rf took us to a huge ammount of free content,from people to people.That was what made me get addicted to it and much probably it was that what made me make a post on ISI forum on 27 december 2011.If it was not rf and the great community much probably i was shooting pakistans in some mw93283 ....
    But finally we reach end of 2011 and every day i get more dissapointed about this.
    Its hundreds of wip pics,its the launch of trailers of game,trailers of hot air,trailers of tires,trailers of everything.
    But after all this months spending time in FB or in forums looking for rf2 new things it was expected a minimum of fairness from ISI to their followers.
    Reaching end of 2011 seeing company asking for pre-order on an open beta without even having an expected release date its just absurde.ISI can argument whatever they want,they can blame christmas,they can blame santa,they can blame holidays but only blame here is the lack of consideration on all this large hundreds of followers.Enough said,personal opinion.
    Good luck for rf2 and ISI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.