Practice 2 time missing after run dedicated server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doberk, Feb 20, 2017.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello, I am trying to configure Practice 2 as a 15-minutes Q1, having Qualifying as 5-minutes Q2.

I have configured player.json as below:
    Code:
    "Run Practice1":true,
    "Run Practice2":true,
    "Run Practice3":false,
    "Run Practice4":false,
    "Run Warmup":true,

And this is the multiplayer.json:
    Code:
    "Practice 1 Time":165,
    "Practice 2 Time":15,
    "Qualifying Laps":255,
    "Qualifying Time":5,
    "Warmup Time":10,

However, Practice 2 Time disapears after run dedicated server. That line in multiplayer is removed when server runs. Practice 2 is still enabled, and I can pass from Practice1 to Practice2 before Qualifying, but only 8 minutes duration. Is there any thing else I have to do? Google didnĀ“t say me the solution :(

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have seen this option in player.json:
    Code:
    "MULTI Num Qual Sessions":1

If I set it to 2 I understand there will be 2 Qualifying sessions. Can I set time for each session? And which fastest lap will count for grid? fastest of both sessions? or fastest of second session only?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

Not possible, you can't add lines to multiplayer.JSON if they're not there from the beginning, the game will just ignore it.

You can test to alter "NUM Qual Sessions" to 2, but as far as I remember it also had some bugs and it uses fixed rules for classifying, which you can't change. The third option is to enable knockout qualifying in CustomPluginVariables.JSON, it allows some level of customization. The fourth option and the only thing that worked in rFactor1 was to define FP2 length in track GDB file.

doberk likes this.
  3. doberk

doberk Registered

Many thanks, changing GDB and re-packing track works fine :)

stonec likes this.