Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

yes i like to have it too ;)

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

How do i install these Skins to URD Mod ? I follow the path in the Zip - Userdata/player/settings/URD_C7R but i don't have URD showing there ?
    In my rF2 manager i can scroll down and find all the URD cars but in that path they aren't there .
    These are my first skins added to rF2 because this mod although we pay for it, it doesn't have many skins so when driving with 30 cars a lot are repeated :(

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yes I know exactly what your saying.
    The URD C7R is a free download if you don't have it. But yes, just to confuse everyone you need to find it in the cars menu but it has nothing that reads URD, C7R Corvette.
    You need to find EnduranceRacingX /
    GRAB_004.JPG

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

But what about when trying to add your skins to the mod? What do i look for in the files ?

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Got a couple of teaser shots for you.
    It's the Porsche out of the Simtek GT3 World Series 1.10
    GRAB_002.JPG GRAB_003.JPG
    Been wanting to do this car for a few years now. I did try the one out of the Apex mod but the mapping is woeful for a livery this technical.
    Unfortunately this car has a lot of bad mapped areas also so don't expect to much.
    I thought to use the Darche out of the URD mod but it's payware and not all want to pay for such things so I chose this mod.

Not sure I made the right decision for the bad mapping but at least it's a free one and more may enjoy this livery. I do intend to also do the AM version.

I will I thing put it on the EnduRacers Porsche. I did a Flying Lizard, Troy Lee Designs for this mod and the mapping is quite good for a Porsche. Nothing against Porsche as a car but it's a real challenge to map being so round. Like a bubble.
    You can find it here http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/er_f6rf2_flyinglizard.10951/

ApainPlost and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  8. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The rar files you download are set up to extract the folders to the correct place. All you need to do is Extract to rFactor 2 directory. The reason you don't see the URD folder in your Setting folder is it's not been created.
    It's a little hard to explain. It's one of those rF2 is crap moments and a lot of people have issue with. Just extract to rFactor 2 and you should be fine.

To find rFactor 2 directory, This is mine. Yours should be similar C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    2ndLastJedi likes this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks for explaining to me . I've heard of things like this in rF2 but this is my first time actually seeing it .lol
    Cheers .
    Thanks also for your work.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

If the file you get is only the skins files (Folder and rcd text) you need to create a mod folder or AI added folder in the setting folder. Haha... See!! It's not easy to explain it all. It's a bloody stupid way of doing things. The people doing the skins should work smarter a provide all the needed folders for people that are unaware of how it's done.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings

Ok. I don't have the mod and don't want the skin. But I just downloaded it to take a look. There's no rcd.text file so it has to be a alt for a existing car. There's no folder for it to be put in the setting folder, only open files so they can't be just put open in the setting folder.
    The guy who did this skin add-on is a blithering idiot. He's give you nothing but a headache.

You need to open the car, a car of that mod and model car and in the tuning spinner. On the bottom you'll see skins select. Create Dir, this will create the folder you need in your setting folder. There will be another folder in that. Place the three DDS files from the download into there. Delete the DDS that reads simply alt.dds. You don't need that.

But be aware, This only adds a skin to a existing car. Not a new AI driver. I did say this is all hard to explain didn't I? Haha...

To create a new driver. Load the alt skin in the turning spinner. Then click on create. A window will open for you to add the driver name, team name and so on.
    It's a learning curve I'm afraid. It want be the last if you get into rFactor2 a lot.

Guimengo and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  12. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Let me understand, somebody took their time to paint a car just to share to people, and he didn't know the inexcusable complex rF2 system to create a simple custom car paint, and yet he's a blithering idiot? Wow, you seem to be a very nice person!

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks Man, i appreciate your honest way of doing things and your awesome explanations and i like the fact you give all files and things so your mods just slip right in :)

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Your Mate did some great work but for a Noob like me it would never get any use if it wasnt for someone like @D.Painter explaining how to use it, it would not get any use.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  15. bears

bears Registered

D Painter Porsche looks great did you make the template ? I have being looking for a template for this car if you could point me at it that would be great :)

16. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I made it, so to speak. It's not my place to share it. I'm sure the Simtek guy's will release them all when their ready.

17. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

It wasn't me and I don't know the person who did it! Honestly, I don't even access RaceDepartment.

Yeah, of course he should/could "ship it" organized, and I'm all for helping people (you can search through my posts here), but what I don't agree is calling people names for no reason, specially when they're doing some kinda of favor in a totally not-user-friendly environment, as we know most of this stuff in rF2 is. Maybe the guy just didn't know.

Guimengo and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  18. bears

bears Registered

No drama i had made one also.. sort of :) but always better with a proper template

19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I wasn't really interested in answering this. Your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. I am who I am, take it or leave it.
    But your post suggest I'm calling people names and in the context of a insult. Along with your mates here who have "liked" your post are also thinking this way.

I'm not sure how you all come to the conclusion saying someone is a blithering idiot is calling some one names??
    If I said he was "smart" Clever" "intelligent" Would this be seen as "calling people names" in your way of thinking? Yes? No?.
    My comment was mealy the same but on the other end of the spectrum.
    So you've never been with your mates, friends, family and been clowning around enough that one has called you a idiot, clown, stupid?
    If they did would you pack up your bat and ball and go home to mum? I'd say not.
    You've read far to much into it. It's NOT calling anyone names at all.

You want my reason for it?
    Need for it?
    Firstly I could have used other examples to describe my opinion of the way the skin add-on was presented. I thought I was being some what polite with what I did use considering the alternatives.

Fabio, You've been a member here sins 2010. so you know how many people have no or little understanding of the skins add-on system in rF2. Your aware of this, or should be considering the amount of posts here and other forums of this fact. It's still a ongoing problem if you read the threads on the subject. It's as old as the game itself that people are having trouble understanding the way it work.

Because I do, and can work quite well and simply with it does this mean I should assume, think, expect that every one does? Off cause not! So with this in mind I personally set my skins up so people can use them as simply and easily as possible.

The skin in question here was uploaded in a rar. or zip, depending of what program your using with three files. Not folders! files. I downloaded it myself so I could see and understand how to help install it. I personally don't have the mod and don't want the skin. Considering the way it was presented in a well know hostile environment such as rF2 is in this area the upload astounded and annoyed me that some one would expect any one and every one to know how to set up and use his work. Consequently I found him to be a number of selected words + a blithering idiot! As I see it.

Unfortunately he's not alone in this. Other skins are set up the same way by other skinners.

Whether you agree or disagree with this post I really don't care. If you still want to think me not a nice person is up to you and has no consequence to me. I'm not going to apologize for it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    2ndLastJedi likes this.
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I think you read my "like" the wrong way, lol.
    I was just acknowledging the way he said that the Guy could have done more to help install his mod but maybe didn't know how.

I just think some people are a bit to sensitive to certain names, I'm an Aussie and personally i like the term "blithering Idiot" reminds me of my Old Man, R. I. P.

Also, i appreciate the way you set up your Skins so that a Nood such as myself could just extract and done, then You also went out of Your way to try to explain and install the Mod in question (You even downloaded it Yourself to help), unfortunately even with Your help i (a Nood) still couldn't get it to work, that's how badly set out his skin was for a inexperienced rF2 player and brings to light how easy You made Your skin to be installed.

Stuff what people think and keep doing and being who You are ;)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Guimengo and D.Painter like this.