Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. hwangm

hwangm Registered

Thanks- tried it - the skin works - but window windscreen all show up as an alt skin all together wierd
    https://instagram.com/p/BAKiw5bRwsI/
    See its still under richards name on window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Great skin. Well done!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm hoping this will help. If you look at my comment, in the comments. You can group the files together in a .mas file and be able to use it that way. If you download the car and open the .mas, you can see how I named everything.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fictional-2017-tuscc-cadillac-oreca-8.110444/

With the AC skins, you will have to add the alpha channel to the .dds, otherwise the cars will look really shiny. You should be able to pull the alpha from the default car skins.

4. hwangm

hwangm Registered

Thanks Chris i will try this

5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Same problem with the flat6 mod. Named everything how it sound be named, but the window or windscreen showed up as a alt skin. Will try it to make a mas file.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If all .dds are placed together in the folder, loose, then you will have them as livery alternatives. But if you do choose the actual livery, in game all other .dds will load accordingly. You see the car below? I can choose each individual .dds (3 for the car, 1 for helmet and 1 for suit) to load on the body, but if I select the right one (Momo_alt), then it's all good and perfect in the game.

[​IMG]

7. hwangm

hwangm Registered

Did you have to create a new driver in the flat6 Gui?, i tried creating driver and a new folder appear under my name, howevermthe ingame i scroll around cant see my driver, with other series it adds a new driver in when choosing car liveries, I wander if this is the cause, Ive been using original liveries folder and place my skin there and delete the rest.

My name didnt show up in flatsix when choosing liveries - even though there is a folder created for my name.
    Thanks for the help though much appreciated
    Marcus

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I wonder if it is a conflict with the driver name, if you have created another virtual driver with the same name, even if it's in a different series. I read something like this from someone before, and have also experienced no-show virtual drivers. In this specific case it's just textures placed in an existing driver's folder.

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes you are right Guimengo, you can't have (at least it was true at a moment) Jim Goodman as a virtual drive driving a BT20 and a Spark, you had to rename Jim Goodman_B and Jim Goodman_S for instance.

Cheers.

10. hwangm

hwangm Registered

Wow- im trying this tonight - ill keep you updated - thanks for the tip Gui- ill find my other vrtual driver folder and delete it first then

11. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I didn't create a new driver - yet. My skin is just an alternate skin in the folder for the driver I based it on. Because all the files are .dds files you will get weird paitjobs with these wrapped on the car, but chose the right one and it will work. If you are still not getting the right windows the file name may be wrong. You can PM all the files to me if you want and I can take a look.

Your skin is looking so good through, it is making me reconsider whether mine is any good at all :eek:

12. hwangm

hwangm Registered

Ah thank you for the help offer - il will try now- i can send you files via dropbox link if this dont work- this skin is based on 2014 patrick long's liveries at bathurst 12 hour- fell in love since then

This was a transfer skin from previously made for the other sim, idont think its better than yours [emoji5]

13. hwangm

hwangm Registered

View attachment 18984
    Ok here it is based on 2014 Patrick Long's liveries at liquimoly 12 hr, the windscreen still not showing my name i gave up. Maybe something will come up in future.
    Video of the real car https://youtu.be/7YkKhuas6ho

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If you edited the screen properly and it shows in Photoshop/Gimp/whatever, should show in game. 2 things to look for:
    - Naming is correct. Carskinname_altWindow.dds and _altWindscreen.dds , both saved as DXT5
    - Check the alpha layer for Windscreen, you should have the name and number on both front and rear windshields done there (in a dark gray color)

15. hwangm

hwangm Registered

I just realised i just changed the layer that is red colour for number and name- maybe thats why- i should create a new layer.
    And do name and number that way instrad of using templates and changing it.
    Dont get it though - it shows as alternate skin and i can see my name etc.
    Thanks for all the gelp guys. Dont want to derail this thread any more than I already did.
    Cheers,
    Marcus

16. hwangm

hwangm Registered

View attachment 19009
    FINALLY !!!
    it was the red layer - had to duplicate layer and put it outside the red layer group- then use window and windscreen files
    Thank you guys [emoji4]

17. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Looks terrific Marcus.

I saw this one driving around Sydney yesterday, so had to do a tribute skin
    [​IMG]

18. hwangm

hwangm Registered

Love it Chris [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

19. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

Gurney Eagle skin i made for Tucker Fleming for the Historic F3 Eve Community Pack...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered