Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. madleecher

madleecher Registered

I think my DTM 2012 Skinpack needs 1-2 Weeks till finished

2. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

A few Corvette for you.
    badboyvette_03.png
    Download http://depositfiles.com/files/8mj4ur6hr?redirect

badboyvette_04.png
    Download http://depositfiles.com/files/6l2g90hca?redirect

Stevenson.png
    Download http://depositfiles.com/files/mvkd7xk2s?redirect

Pedders.png
    Download http://depositfiles.com/files/rflmr4hqg?redirect

Valvoline.png
    Download http://depositfiles.com/files/cijwltx89?redirect

To install, Extract the rar to My Documents/rFactor2. Path is set from UserData. If you haven't got any alt skins for this car, These will create the correct path.

Stevenson, Valvoline are with C6R_06

2 badboyvette's, Pedders are with C6R_03

Enjoy,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Nice skins!
    Thanks

If I can just suggest maybe to use other upload service, Mediafire maybe. With this I need to wait 8 minutes between downloading each skin and wait 1 minute to get download link, so it takes about 45 minutes to download 5 skins :)

6. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Nice skins great job, but horrible download site. It's making me wait for ages after downloading one.

Would be better to have all in one file, not going back again and again to get the next one.

I almost made the black and yellow one myself. The only thing i can criticise is that you haven't done anything in the alpha channel for these skins, which is the case with a lot of skins. It's a shame as it gives them a really nice finish. It's also good to turn your rf2 graphics settings way up when skinning(if you use lower settings for better fps to race) as this lets you see much better what you are doing.

The alpha channel is actually really easy to edit and should be done when everything else is final.

(For Photoshop)
    With the alpha channel you should work from the bottom layers up, common sense really but some will do them in the wrong order, if you make a mistake and want a fresh alpha channel and you can't undo what you did, just open the template or another vette psd, go to the alpha channel and ctrl+a to select it, ctrl+c to copy it and then back in the alpha channel you want to replace just hit ctrl+shift+v to paste it.

Getting layers into alpha channel:

Right click the layer thumbnail, click on select pixels, then go to alpha channel and paint over the area -simple and quick. (Even quicker, just hold Ctrl and click the layer thumbnail to show the layer as a selection which shows in the alpha channel, if you hold Ctrl + Shift you can click multiple layers to show selection at the same time for super fast alpha channel painting)

Or you can manually select the pixels on a layer with whatever selection tool you like, ctrl+c to copy selection, then ctrl+shift+v to paste in place over on the alpha channel, then paint it black or white or any shade in between.

Or select the whole canvas when on a layer with ctrl+a, ctrl+c to copy then paste in place again and paint, it will only let you paint on the pixels that were in the layer you selected - same for all methods.

To select the pixels from multiple layers at the same time, merge all the layers you want, select pixels with one of the methods above, ctrl+c to copy pixels, at this point you can back up the merge if you want to keep the layers separate, then ctrl+shift+v to paste in place on the alpha channel.

If you've gone over any of the parts etc. in the alpha channel, you can paint these back in by the methods above yourself as you get to the top layers, or if you want them to be as they were before, just go to the parts layer in a psd that has the standard alpha channel, select the pixels of the parts layer and go to the alpha channel to view/paste the selections in there as before, but copy the selections this time(ctrl+c) in the alpha channel then go to the alpha channel of your skin and paste them in.

Using gradients in the alpha channel can work really well for certain elements of a skin to make them jump out and give extra depth/shading with reflections.

I'll put this in the paint thread, hopefully other people can share their techniques too :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  7. tjc

tjc Registered

Good stuff Hectari... I edited the alpha channel a little for the first skin I did. Gives them a little more "pop" I think...

I`ve got these two nearly finished. (#`s 3 and 4 though)

[​IMG]

:cool:

8. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Nice one! :cool:

9. Gl4dia70rZ

Gl4dia70rZ Registered

GT5 Corvette Skin [Work In Progres]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The Alpha has been edited from the original but if yours is better then just open them in photoshop and swap them out.

Sorry for the crappy links. I didn't realize it was so bad.

12. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Ah yes i see the alpha is dark, what i mean is that you haven't done anything with the alpha for logos etc. to make them stand out, seem like they are really stuck on the car. It's not essential, just a suggestion.

They're not my skins so i don't have the psd and i can't be bothered messing about with a dds to make an alpha when it's the quickest part of making a skin. Anyway you are the creator and they should be as you intended. Just thought i would help people with painting the alpha channel. It's easy, but not for those who are new or unfamiliar with photoshop.

Oh and mediafire is good as already suggested :)

13. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I agree the alpha maybe a bit to dark. The original alpha though is far to light and ISI cars look washed out. Mine, the color looks good but the spec or cube map affect isn't good. This is a issue with the setting used on the model itself. It wasn't like I just made one and settled on that, I did alter the alpha quite a few times but found there wasn't a happy medium to be found. It was either good color depth or a better light source affect.

Not sure about this? Is it your suggesting the livery be flattened and pasd to alpha channel? Creating a mess of different shades of grey even going from the range of black to white depending on the livery?
    I hope not!
    If this is what your suggesting then I'm not on the same page as you and will never do alpha like that. And never suggest or teach others to do so.

I'm far from new to doing these cars. I've worked with well known mod teams and are currently with Mak-Corp as well. I'm very familiar with alpha, Photoshop dose make it easier to work with the alpha channel tab but don't be so sure it's the only program that can work with or edit alpha because it's not. Though I do have Photoshop it's not my premier choice as a painting program. This is a personal choice and find when it come to doing what I do, the program I do use is very well capable of doing what's needed.

I'm sure when ISI get their alpha settings for the materials, cube maps setup better we can see a big improvement with these liveries.

14. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Sorry it was not my intention to suggest that you are new or inexperienced with skinning. You are far more experienced than me.

I'm learning and while i prefer different levels(mm shiny things :cool: ), i'm not suggesting to go and make everything extreme, just to bring more life to the skin. That's the way i see it. However you have enlightened me, as i am not familiar with the ins and outs of the technical side and what will change. I have much to learn, so thanks :D

What program do you use?

15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I know what you mean, I'd prefer a better shine also. The trouble is to get it with these cars it over accentuates what looks likes the Spec map and washes out the colors. This is more likely the fresnel shader isn't right. I've seen this affect before but was never on a released mod.

I use Paintshop Pro Xl now. Started back in 2004 with Pro8. As far as painting liveries goes it is as good as Photoshop with vector, Raster layers. Layer groups. Highlights and so on. I prefer the Text tool, pretty much the whole interface. I guess I've used it for so long I know it well enough. There's things that Photoshop want do but there's also the other way around. The things PSP want do I've learn't to do in PS but that is a very small amount.

I know some would argue that PS is the far Superior program which it clearly is, but at 20X the price it would want to be.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice skin max... :)

17. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Is there someone with (almost) all skins? Maybe an idea to make a torrent of it? Downloading all skins separately is somewhat time consuming and impractical.

18. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Oh yes Max ! I love this livery :D
    Thank you.

19. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

WIP 2013 skin

[​IMG]