Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yOU GUYS are freakin' amazing! And I'll 2nd Chris's request. IMSA please.
    Now, a thought about skins. How are we going to differentiate between skins created prior to the latest update and those created after?
    We need to come up with some sort of fancy name.....

2. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

- Alpha is checked (pic. 1)
    - First thing if I make a new skin is to create a virtual ride = stand allone skin
    - the window.dds is loaded correctly. I can see all add sticker which I've placed on the black window frame area.

I think, it's a bug based on different materials which will be loaded. I use the same procedure on the other cars and it works properly...

The IMSA car by Land Motorsport looks very good and I thougt about this a second. But it isn't in my focus at this time while I'm heaving so much to do with the VLN skins. After that let's see...;)
    ...and unfortunately it is already the new 2019th Audi...

02-02-_2019_15-37-57.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Chris Lesperance likes this.
  3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Sorry I should have stated the 2018 IMSA version :) Not many 2019 out yet, and with the new Evo kit, it wouldn't be 100% accurate. But it would help fill the 2018 grid of what is currently available

[​IMG]

4. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

That should be possible... ...after the release of the VLN package... (to shorten your wait, you can search for information why this car is called "Lind Lou") :cool:

philmcqueen likes this.
  5. Marnes23

Marnes23 Registered

Lol, I just did a Land Motorsport too however mine is a 2019 WeatherTech version 2.jpg

6. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

philmcqueen likes this.
  7. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

I vorgot to mention that this livery is part of a VLN 2018 package, which I will Release for free if all skins (at least 24) are finished. I think it takes 2 or 3 weeks ..

bhendrik, FuNK!, bears and 4 others like this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Have you drawn over the alpha channel? This is something you need to do when applying numbers or names to windows.

As per video below

M D Gourley likes this.
  9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yes, he has. There is a picture a few posted back to illustrate that.

Plus I sent a bit of time testing it last night and the result was the same. No stickers on the clear glass areas. This is apparently only a issue on the Audi. All other cars work as they always have.

AMillward and Frank Murphy like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I thought I saw Christopher responding to somebody about the Audi windows not working correctly. They are aware of it....your freakin' skin looks awesome btw..... Do the mirrors and wing endplates have to match the IMSA GTD(GT3) field? Green for GT3, Red for GTE,
    When Zanardi was driving his car was featured a-lot during the USA broadcast. The side mirrors on those BMWs sure seemed to wobble a-lot. (both cars)

11. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

we are seeing lots of IMSA DPI car skins now, is there any way to fake DPI performance so these cars don't run at the same pace as the LMP2?(for 2019 skins that is. 2018 performance was at least close )

13. Hocician

Hocician Registered

preview of my HTP Mann Filter AMG Skin... but a lot of stuff to do... maybe i can finish at this weekend
    rFactor2 2019-02-07 01-34-09-07.png

14. bears

bears Registered

Slowly learning this new skinning process, very much wip ...started converting my Magnus Bentley over to Audi :)

magnus audi.JPG

15. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

Probably a 3rd update for the oreca could do that.

16. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Nice! I had that one on my to do list. Decided to start work on the Park Place Porsche before working on that one. I'm just trying to get the 2018's finished as we mostly have that complete and the S397 cars are more accurate.

There was a post about the 1998 F1 skins on the 1998 McLaren. In that mod, it was mentioned of being able to use the update.ini to be able to point to different physics files. I attempted to doing the same thing with the Enduracers Ligier LMP3 to use the S397 Norma physics. In my attempt in doing that, I could not get it to work. I'm not sure if I was doing it correctly. But it could be that the encryption used for those DLCs are different than the ones used on the McLaren. I'm not 100% sure.

bears likes this.
  17. bears

bears Registered

Steady progress off to beach now pick it up on my return :)

magnus audi 2.JPG

18. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Here is car No. 14 of 24 - the Walkenhorst BMW M6 GT3 #35 for my VLN2018 livery package, that will be released at the end of March.
    To find the right shader settings was a bit horrible and took a few hours...

Walkenhorst_BMW_35.jpg
    GRAB_532.jpg
    GRAB_526.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  19. Geordi Vermeulen

Geordi Vermeulen Registered

I have an issue. I downloaded and added some skins for the new GT3 cars in my rF2 install, but on the IA cars the standard livery appears with only the window banner of the skin I installed. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance!

20. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Hi Geordi, this is an issue that needs to be fixed. At this time nobody can use own skins on AI cars. I've tried it too.