Post your LMP & GTE Setups here... Please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dylbie, Jun 19, 2018.

1. dylbie

dylbie Registered

[I haven't seen a thread for these cars like this yet - please delete if it's a duplicate]

I was running in the Exiled Le Mans server last night, and everyone seemed to be keeping their setups a secret. Sad times. :(

I always think setups should be shared to make racing fairer and closer. Whilst it's nice to be 4 seconds faster than anyone else and storm of into the distance, it's no fun... Is it?

So if you're feeling kind and generous, please post setups here and please state which car and track... obviously.

At the moment we have a Le Mans server running with live timing here: https://www.exiledvirtualmotorsports.co.uk/exiled-live-timings/

Just search 'Exiled' in the matchmaker.

Muchos gracias.

bwana likes this.
  2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Soften front suspension, tiny bit more negative camber, stiffer anti-roll bars.

Worked for me at Le Mans at the weekend.

dylbie likes this.
  3. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Don't forget about LeMans aero package in tuning menu.

dylbie likes this.
  4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Why shouldn't they keep their work private? It's not communism. If you work for it, it's yours. I'm fully against communism in sim racing.

Rui Santos and Bozoman500 like this.
  5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Usually i don't send my setup to everybody, but i'm always happy to send it to those who ask.
    If you are racing with your friends, keeps everything private is a bit questionable, but in a competitive environment is quite right imo.
    I recently completed a championship against a very fast guy, i never asked his setup and he has never send it to me, but i really appreciated that he sent it to me right after the final race. `

BTW, i think would be very cool to have a "Community Setups Thread".

bwana, Rui Santos, dylbie and 2 others like this.
  6. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I see what you mean. I guess it depends on how much glory you want, and how seriously you take your pretend racing.

Whilst I love the thrill of being the first person to see the chequered flag (although it's been a while!), I have just as much fun fighting for 20th position if I'm racing wheel to wheel with someone I can trust, and in a fun car with a setup I have confidence in.

Maybe there should be a community setup page where people can upload their setups as @krusti has suggested, which is kind of what I was trying here. I guess perhaps most people just want to go for 'hot-lapping' races at the front of the field chasing glory, and don't want to share.

bwana, McKiernan and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

You know this saying about assumption? ;>

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

GPL had a repository site for setups and many of the major Alien players posted setups by the 100's. Most often I found I could not drive the cars with their setups, or, I rarely improved more than a few tenths. Kinda the same with FFB settings, I got some suggestions from a well know user and they might as well have been just a spring-nonFFB wheel because his settings were so light.
    Posted setups can get you moving in the proper direction, but you still have to meld it with your driving style and talent.

bwana likes this.
  9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

In not setup guru. I don’t even have that much time to make 100 laps to test and test the setup, but usually I make basic setups in correlation of the circuite( fast or slow circuit, high/medium/ low downforce ....)
    Gear ratio, caster, toes, brake bias are very easy . Tires pressure depends in the tires temperatures( make 3-4 laps and see the tire temperature) .

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm even worse on that aspect, I only do setups to make the car oversteer or understeer depending on my mood and the track :D