Post your initial impressions here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mclaren777, Jan 10, 2012.

1. shum94

shum94 Registered

Not yet :p

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

all settings on their lowest, lowest resolution, no HDR, very poor framerate, latest nVidia Drivers, 9600GT...off to football now will fiddle more when I come back in an hour or so!

3. corsa

corsa Registered

So far I'm impressed! The framerate is MUCH better than I was expecting, fiddling with settings now to better tweak it.

I've only driven the classic F1 car on Spa so far, but the FFB feels great on my Fanatec GT3 RS wheel.

4. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

Will the game make use of x-fi sound card to offload the sound processing?

Still stuck trying to buy btw :)
    Click buy and nothing happens. Let it for a wile and it just stays on that screen.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This game is what I've been waiting for for years!

Absolutely fantastic! The FFB is up there with nKP, the physics are sublime, the graphics are great. I don't need DX11 tessellation to be happy.

Great physics, FFB, content, and features are what I love... and I love this game! :cool:

6. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I think this launcher window is quite cool.

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Getting very decent framerates (then again I should...), usually hanging in the 130 region driving by myself, obviously goes down when I add cars.

Five things:
    FFB is very communicative and tells me exactly what I'm doing, love drifting the 60s formula cars. Rumblestrips are a bit harsh but I seem to recall that is a known issue.

HDR is totally bleached out for the most part when running at mid-day, hard to see anything. Wasn't this harsh in the videos and pictures I've seen. HDR profile in the settings also shows up empty, possibly related or normal?

Some cars (for example the green EVE F1C) don't work with the hud apparently, the tyre temp numbers are showing in the LCD but the graphic temps aren't, and judging by a quick look neither is damage.

What does the "Steering rate" setting do? Perhaps related, are the driver arm animations constant or can I tweak them so that the wheel rotation matches 1:1 with my wheel (using 900 degrees, currently the on-screen wheel doesn't turn quite as much)?

How on earth do you do a test session? Or a private test for that matter, even if I turn Private Testing on I get AI in there unless I turn the number of AI drivers to 0.

But anyway: Absolutely fantastic work, the graphics are much more lively than in rFactor, the feel of the cars is better, the new tyre model definitely works better, all in all it's even now a great experience. Night is coming so I'll have to leave further testing for tomorrow. Great job!

EDIT: Oh, and trying to wrestle the F1s into submission on a rainy day in Monaco, just perfect. <3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
  8. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Love the FFB. But the usual FFB Effects option from rFactor isnt there?
    Is it somewhere else or does it work different? As my wheel goes crazy in the gravel and on curbs.
    Played abit with the FFB multipler but that only changes the usual strenght right?
    Also checked the Controller ini file but couldnt find anything about effect. Like i said love the FFB but i dont want to wake up my girl also when i run a curb or off track. ;)

9. Alicatt

Alicatt Registered

Just had time to have a quick run on old Spa in a Formula, after three abortive attenpts I got the G27 working lol.
    pulling out of the pits I get a Buzz Buzz pulsing in my left ear it does away when you open the throttle but returns when on the over run or at idle.

Like the Helicopter touch when you don't manage to keep the shiny side up :D

Edit: Wife has complained about the FFB noise already but it feels good to me

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Spark F2, Spa with some rain = sim racing joy.

I've had no frame rate problems at all but I haven't tried all the tracks or night racing yet. I've got shadows on high and everything else on full. A filter is on 4x.

Loving the FFB as well although I'm still tweaking it a bit. So far FFB mult. at 45

11. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

First impression are really good. FFB on Fanatec GT3RS is really good and strong. You have to turn it down. Settings menu for wheel etc are very well thought and work well. I have several Leo Bodnar devices connected and all work fine.
    only issue so far is the AA... I open a thread ATI AA... so people can share their settings on this.
    So far this all looks very promising!

12. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

Funny bastard aren`t you :)

13. relentless

relentless Registered

Anyone with a g25/g27 have feedback on how the wheel reacts when you start losing control. i.e if you oversteer on a corner and let go of the wheel will it spin to opposite lock?
    Can anyone compare the default ffb to something like the pcc 2007 mod with real feel enabled?
    Just some general feedback on the actual sensation of the ffb on these wheels when approaching/passing the grip limits (or prior to flying towards a wall/cow).

14. Alfatester

Alfatester Registered

This seems more than a simple beta! Amazing work guys, really... i bought the lifetime license with my eyes shut!!

The 60's formulas are simply amazing... there are no other words! I still have some violent feedback issues when i touch with front tires irregoular track surface, but i bet this will improve.

Just one thing Tim: the feedback in 60's formulas is almost perfect (except for the violent rumble), but the feedback of the megane and the F Renault 3.5 seems to be less "comunicative". I have a G25; do i have to change any settings?? Seems that it's too "lazy" and not so pure and sensitive as the 60's Formulas...

15. LeeD

LeeD Registered

i had a flawless download and install .. went right to purchase had no problems with paypal or gettin logged in after payment was made . really just did a quick run in 2 mods . graphically all is ok , a bit more wheel chatter then id expected w g27 . going to dig in deeper tonight but all just what i had expected . excellent . i do believe iracing lost a customer :)

16. Nick88

Nick88 Registered

Few things:

The off road FFB is crazy, I really do worry that my wheel is going to break.

The tyre HUD does not always show the temperatures going up and down or has a static colour.

FPS was a little struggle but got it stable with high settings now.

Is 100% the new 50% in terms of sensitivity from rF1?

17. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Yes believe so. :)

18. punkstjimmy

punkstjimmy Registered

Seems great in general! Can't wait until it's all ironed out. Here's my initial discoveries:

Running the game on full settings + HDR: Malaysia in Sunny conditions is way over exposed. All you can see is brightness! Plus the settings screen goes see through for me, so you can see the car sitting in the garage under the text. Having no frame-rate issues though, seems smooth to me.

Same as a lot of people have reported - using the G27 the FFB can be a bit violent at times. Especially when you go off track!

Overall though it's looking and feeling great, by the time this game goes gold it's going to be immense.

Also, quick tip for G27 users (most of you know this i'm sure, but just for those that don't). Make sure you have the checkbox "Allow game to adjust settings" checked in your logitech wheel settings. The in game wheel will match your real wheel 1:1 then. I initially had it unchecked and it was a bit out of sync.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
  19. Pic1974

Pic1974 Registered

My conclusions.

Megane Rfactor 2

Megane Rfactor 1

Ultimately we have to pay for a game worse than the Rfactor 1, how easy they had it, just had to ask advice from people BsimRacing. And ask them to teach them to do some graphics, 2012:confused:.

20. Marius Nicolae

Marius Nicolae Registered

just one word ..... AMAZING !!!!!!!
    Thank's a lot guys .... all of you deserve to go in holiday ( but don't do that right now :) , just in few days)