Portugal International v2.0 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 10, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Different subject but I've noticed three times in a row that one of the cars is darting aggressively to the right immediately after the start. Is that normal? I understand blocking but immediately after the start every time? Vehicle is Spark F2 and I am only using 2 AI since there are only 3 cars.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks. I regularly clear User data, and have reset plenty of times, but it may be an AMD-only issue.

3. Justy

Justy Registered

I will check for flickering when I get home tonight. I have an AMD card (not the latest and greatest) but I do keep everything vanilla, no settings forced via CCC, or radeon pro etc. Not noticed anything so far, but haven't really looked that closely for that kind of stuff.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

4. dumberdog

dumberdog Registered

This 2.0 version is simply stunning, great job ISI:cool:
    Have you plans on releasing an historical version of this track? I mean the one used in the F1 days?;)

5. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

This track runs so smooooooth. Love it.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Oupssss...

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Last night at this track, I had one of those night that makes all this sh** to make sense. This track is incredible well done, with so much feedback from bumps and kerbs.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I have no problem with worm holes as long as they are on the outside of track barriers...but the behaviour of the Honda is more worrisome.

And I still can't believe the flickering trees. I am using all default settings and this stupid R9 290X can't even render a forest without making it look like a flickering mess. Just wasted more time testing and happens with Clio and NSX along the entire left side of the main straight no matter what video level I use (1 - 8) or whether I use MultiSampling, Adaptive MS or SuperSampling. Arrrgghh!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

Tires act as springs that enforce ping-pong ball like behaviour of cars during collisions, that's the problem. Collisions with non-tire part of car is mostly ok. This flipping seems realistic as well I think.

10. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Great work with the upgrade! Now we are talking. ;)

Thank you ISI.

11. Comante

Comante Registered

There is no problem in this flip. The car is going quite fast when it is traversed, and in this state hit the curb. Being the slip angle near 90° by then, the outer tires are acting like rubber stops more than tires, the curb raise the COG of the car, giving it a rotational momentum. Left side tires "push" to the right, COG "push" to the left, he maybe could have prevented the flip turning the wheel to the left.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As a follow-up to the flickering trees, here's a simpler test so I can tell if there is something chronically wrong with my graphics, or not. Who else has a flickering texture where the yellow painted line at the exit of the pits meets the white painted line of the edge of the main track? It flickers pretty much constantly no matter what settings I use, just like a couple of dozen spots in the forest of trees along the left side of the main straight. I highly doubt these would pass any form of testing, unless testers were all (wisely) using NVIDIA instead of AMD.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m using an AMD R9270X in my Office PC and i can see this flickering, too. Shadows where set to Max.

View attachment 17511

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So what about the trees along the main straight? And do you have NVIDIA at home to compare?

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Testing with GTX980 later, stay tuned ;)

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

OK, i noticed the flickering (Pit Exit & Threes) with my GTX980, too. Best to see it, when you drive very slowly around the Track. But tbh, i get this (partially) flickering on e.g. LRP, too...

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Unfortunately, in such cases there is no way to have influence on it with changing graphical settings.

There are 2 meshes lying one over the other and sharing the same height level where the flickering appears.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks, I was hoping it was just an AMD settings/driver issue, not a general testing procedures/quality control oversight.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Maybe you should offer your services to the testing team so all future "oversights" are dealt with? Just a thought.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Would be happy to since very obvious "oversights" slip through so frequently. And given the six months to two years it takes for the next update, it's important to catch things before official release.