Portable, command-line operated TTool

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by lemming77, Sep 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

As the title says, it'd be nice to have a portable version of TTool which can be run on spare computers without requiring Steam, without occupying the "currently played game" on Steam, and being launchable from batch files.

Ideally it would also be possible to control what it does with launch parameters to do things like...
    • Select which TGM file to open
    • Select custom realtime/QSA tests to load
    • Whether to run Realtime or QSA tests
    • New file name to save the QSA-completed TGM as
    This would add some benefits like being able to queue multiple TGMs up (because you can do it with multiple lines in a batch file). I feel like there's potential in being able to launch it from other programs too which I'd like to experiment with. (automate some of the spreadsheet work in making TGM tires now with a simple C# program, maybe?)

I have a vague vision of setting up an old PC as a TTool slave. Something that I can give a work queue, leave it running for a few days without even looking at it and get everything I want done without occupying my main PC for a disruptive amount of time. I realise that's a larger project, but a command-line TTool would enable me to actually do it. :D

Ozzy likes this.