Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

YEP, porsche cup in RF2 is best i have driven period. the rear engine is basically in constant roation mode I LOVE IT !

atomed and Kelju_K like this.
  2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Skippy is no official S397 content. But I would like it too.

makan likes this.
  3. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

Tried the porsche cup shortly last weekend. Normally i use gt3, gte or lmp2. So it was a bit of surprise how different this cup car drives :p
    Also feels like when high speed in corners the wheel feels light or at some points missing ffb. Is still there but very low so hard to feel what the car is doing in a corner.

Is this normal behaviour in this car or do i need to change a specific setup element or ffb setting? Maybe tonight i'll try some more laps on imola, zandvoort etc :) But was curious about the ffb feeling.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Rear engined car, with a big wing at the back, but not very balanced front aero variation. (And rightfully it has its aero balanced there, or the rear might overtake you in these fast corners) It unloads its fronts very much, even lifts it a bit on straights. It will probably never give you the most heavy FFB in high speed corners and on straights. rF2 is sensitive to front load in FFB in general.

The Porsche GT3 Cup is not a GT3 by any means. It's closer to a heavily modified road car and road Porsches are a physics glitch to begin with. :D (some (me too) love it, others hate it)

5. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta Registered

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  6. makan

makan Registered

Try this:

RedBarchetta likes this.
  7. makan

makan Registered

8. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta Registered

Thanks for those default setup changes makan. Really like the challenge of these cup cars. Trying to fine tune the brake pressure, threading the needle between lockup and not being able to stop. The downhill breaking zone into the Rivazza at Imola is quite a test. Sebring is a holy handful with these cars but to be expected.

makan likes this.
  9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

It would be the best if it had at least semi realistic tires. I have many doubts about upcoming rF2 competition system. For some reason people chose iRacing despite most current sims have some kind of competition system. For example RaceRoom has one and its free, but simmers don’t seem to flock to it. Perhaps because iRacing has always been a de facto standard sim for multiplayer where you can always find good participation in many series. I hope rF2 multiplayer will some day have 1/10 of iRacing users. That would be huge.

Pauli Partanen and makan like this.
  10. makan

makan Registered

With these tire pressure glitch and lots of slip angles (formula drift cars:D ) we can say rf2 doesn't have a realistic tire model either.
    With that said I should say I prefer rF2's over iracing's tires, It's like night and day .
    We have the best tire model in the whole genre.

But that porsche cup in iracing have another story, man I love that car.
    It's driving feel, sound, launching the car out of corners,... all and all it's very addictive and very fun.
    Actually I think it has good tires too, not the best but it's ok.
    I think if someone likes the porsche cup in rF2, should try this car in iracing.

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I agree rF2 tires are far from perfect. Another example is that Michelin raised some issues after virtual LM24.
    Have you checked RaceRoom Porsche Cup? It should be quite realistic too as main physics dev spent much time on it. It’s that not far from rF2 version in therms of handling although a little bit easier to race.

makan likes this.
  12. makan

makan Registered

Maybe this helps for understanding the car and some setup works:

RedBarchetta likes this.
  13. makan

makan Registered

Yep RaceRoom's Porsche Cup is good too, it has more grip in corners and easier to drive just like you said.
    Who knows, maybe Raceroom's version is more realistic.
    But like you said with the default setup rF2's version is the hardest to drive for sure.

14. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I didn’t find it much stable setup back when I tried it, just a little bit easier . But it’s good to know it’s more realistic setup than the default and doesn’t feel worse.

15. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I really love this car. having to be progressive on brakes in both directions, and feathering the throttle on exits makes this hard but rewarding to drive, and still "logical" in its behaviour.
    i truly hope to see this car in the competition system. if i could just hop on any day, any hour, to drive this thing online, my simracing life would be perfect.
    I like the GT3's and the GTE's too, but i like these little bit more challenging cars more. always have.
    So glad that S397 have made a car for us that have used to drive with a feeling more than memorizing and executing everything with mathematical presicion.
    not saying this car doesnt require presice execution, it surely does, but this one needs more "feel" to get it right if you know what i mean ;)
    ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

17. Sander H

Sander H Registered

Car problem. Has been for a long time. Does it at Nords on multiple places, Portland final chicane, etc. Impossible to race AI with this car even at the lowest aggression settings.

mesfigas likes this.
  18. CrimsonEminence

I looked at my setup right now...to be honest...just dump tyre pressures to minimum, i experimented with heat dissipation in the tyre at this point, but it wasn't really worth it. Minimum pressure is fine for the most time, because you have no consequences...

It's a baseline, to not get killed after 4 laps of driving, but there a many improvements, you might already found to your liking.^^

Kelju_K likes this.
  19. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Thanks i'll try that!
    i did 2x30min races @ d'anneau du rhin in the VSR league championship race with your setup (with the added +1 notch pressure and negative camber in front). it held up well the 30 minutes. i was able to do 1.27 mids trough out the race and the car behaviour stayed pretty much the same. i started with 49.3 (front) balance and mid race changed it to 49.0 as in your setup. was able to be really consistent with the setup.

Next race gonna be wet race in magny cours, so i think the minimum pressure will be good there.

i have noticed that my driving style benefits from slightly higher pressure than most other drivers and if i try to use minimum, my driving becomes more difficult as the race progress, even if it would be faster in the beginning. im always looking for consistent setups more than fast hotlap or qualy setups.

Anywho, thanks for the tip! ;)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Spyro and CrimsonEminence like this.
  20. CrimsonEminence

Wet tyres usually need higher pressures, than dry ones IRL, btw.^^

Kelju_K likes this.