[WIP] Porsche 991 GT3 Cup by SimDev Technology

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by cosm1, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbor

borbor Registered

As much as I can appreciate the level of fun of the flat6 mod with its ease of driving providing great racing, I very much doubt its accuracy level seeing how in some leagues the quali time (bearing in mind the mod depicts 997 Cup cars) is almost 4 seconds faster than the pole time at Brands Hatch GP of the 2015 Carrera GB season and the practice time of my league's server at Silverstone GP on a race simulation is 5 seconds faster than some of the laps done by Super Cup drivers in 2014.

2. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Have you ever thought about the possibility that tracks also aren't always 100% accurate? And then there is temperature, wind etc. just saying

3. Stevy

Stevy Registered

gosh people...whats wrong you you guys ?

There is a guy, who wants to share his creation with us for free, based on real data, and everything he gets is:

- We already have this kind of mod
    - This looks photoshop
    - ..very suspicious...
    - The model is wrong
    - blah blah blah

Sometimes, you guys can be worse than some other communitys.
    Be happy that there is some competition.
    The best mod will survive, whether it's from X or Y or it's scratch or converted or stolen.

I'm happy that there are more guys with rFactor2. And i'm happy, when i see some "battles" between modders.
    It's good for the Game and Community, and i hope everyone will learn from such processes.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Great I say, a mod with driver+ team input is always welcome, Thanks from me.

5. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

thanks guys for the support! I'm going to complete the new template and release it for everyone who wants to make skins, plus some screenshots of a brand new livery made with it :)

6. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Yes, the Flat6 cars (rF1 and rF2) are a bit on the quick side. However, only so much accuracy can be put into a sim. The car is probably the easiest to get "right". Each track will have its own grip level and characteristic as the makeup of the surface will vary. Some asphalts will inherently have more grip than others. Throw in some rubbering in with different tires and you've added another variable. One thing I cannot fault with the cars is their feedback to input. They are probably the best in rF2 at the moment in my opinion. There's nothing vague about what they "tell you" through the steering.

Look at a somewhat recent example of this in Interlagos before/after resurfacing. In terms of laptimes, the current F1 cars aren't quite on-par with those of 2004. After the resurfacing, the current spec F1 car now holds the outright lap record at the circuit. Track surface variables...don't discount it, folks. Not much variability in the sim from what I can tell...

7. borbor

borbor Registered

I have, and feel i am spoiled by products that feature laser scanned tracks (although those lack heavily in other areas lol. )

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The Flat 6 have some amazing tires and maybe a little too efficient aero or torque, but tires probably give the biggest laptime benefit. Certainly known by the team and likely being worked on for update.

9. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

Im sorry but im 90% sure that is a Squir model

Its blatant because he is the only guy to get the 991 tail lights wrong and they are identical to them in this post

http://squir.com/product.php?id_product=32668

That is the product in question, i imagine that some stuff has been altered because of the polys but still, you arent allowed to use model, squir doesnt allow that

http://squir.com/cms.php?id_cms=3

The flaws in the squir model exist in yours i think you are caught red handed.

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Damn son... 60 euros for something that can't be used for anything?!

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

For the fact the Flat6 is too quick, yes we are aware of this before the release of the car, there is many reasons, the main is we use the "old" tires without CPM and so the tire are too permissive in the limit, and the other point is that we leave the autoblip active on the car that allows to brake harder and so go quicker in turns and at final, the realroad calibration of the tire was underestimated in our tests and the car has at least 2x more grip depot than expected.

We work to include CPM now, so this will impact the car performance in the future when we will fix these points.

So now please, let the subject centred on its topic, and not talk again of the Flat6 here to stop offtopic, everybody can make modding as he likes.

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

You are ISI forum member since 06.15 until now you wrote around 67 posts. Sometimes I've the feeling the only challenge for guys like is to be destructive.
    I personaly can do completly without this (sorry) modder ego bull**** like model is from here or there because some poly look similiar or something else.
    This is IMO a incredible useless input.

I really hope this will not stop the progress of this mod.

13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Please guys, move on.

I'm already in touch with the authors, so it's not your problem anymore.

Once you reported something as a rip, we check this out and then we'll take an action, if needed. At the moment, it's not. That's all you need to know.

In the meanwhile stop accusing, or speculating, or playing the webcops....just stay on topic. :)

Thanks.

14. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

After received many negative feedback I think it's better to give up, I was happy to share my work with you, but at this point there is no need to do that...I will release it, maybe one day...

Sorry,
    Giovanni

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  15. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Bravo !! Pat yourselves on the back forum/mod police.
    Another modder/modding group not modding for rF2. What a joke.

16. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Just my tought. If you're not interested or do not like a mod, move on and leave this mod/ topic to people who are interested and are willing to help/test

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

While you are right I think most modders are too sensitive. Tuttle already gave his word so why care about what a few think and cancel the whole thing...?
    I won't even say all I think on this "modder behavior" seeing what is going on here... geez, sometimes the sim racing community is a pain

18. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

ok guys, you'll never understand when it's time to stop.

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.