Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Joao Ayres

Joao Ayres Registered

Spot on, thank you friend.
    I have openend a comment on steam community and will definitely post this answer there since is a bit counter intuitive to select the model of steering ingame and also the direction of force, seems a bit hazy.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    pkelly and RaceNut like this.
  2. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Ok I just found out through a friend theres a thing called FOV Pitch that I had never heard about, that allows you to tune your view beyond the normal FOV and seating position which is actually a game changer.

So problem solved but leaving this for future reference.

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

The sound is very loud compared to the BTCC cars, I need to adjust it everytime....
    Fun car, I master it for the first laps, not really difficult, the ACC one is harder to control.
    Any news about the Endurance version ?

4. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Totally agree. I hope devs will fix it.

5. vava74

vava74 Registered

Porsche Cup races typically are short and in those sprint races of 30min, by the 20th, tyres are really losing significant performance.
    Obviously, it's also driver dependent. I have been watching/following closely Porsche Cup Brazil and some drivers will lose nearly 4 seconds per lap between the start of the stint if they are pushing hard and the finish at tracks like Interlagos.

Andreas Seibel and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  6. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Hi, i noticed the weight of the porsche cup 992 is wrong in game.
    if we add up the wheel loads on setup screen , we get 1390 kg.
    on official website and S397 blog the weight is 1260kg, which is probably dry weight so even if we add standard 80 kg driver the weight should be at most 1340kg.....so 50kg of additional weight from where ? unless the driver is whopping 130kg bloke lol.
    its not fuel weight btw, the wheel load don't change with fuel weight.

7. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

what a great car .. I love the 992 competition.
    Something going wrong with Monza in the competition, track is not loading.

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I just booted up RF2 and found it updating the Porsche 992, but i've not seen anything on steam or on the forums, some sort of silent update maybe?

9. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

10. Danny Wilde

Danny Wilde Registered

Porsche 992 GT3 Cup 1.09
    • Removed different display classes, so races won't be multi-class anymore

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ok, cheers guys!

12. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Maybe have we to move this to Bug Reports forum? I reported some things related to car sound mixings a long time ago but with no answer or upgrade fix yet, and also I have tried to contact to some dev in Discord, etc... :(

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The steering ratio not adjusting with most of the steering rotation settings isn't a bug. As Havner said, most recent cars work that way. Honestly these days it's barely an issue - if you're using a wheel that doesn't do 900° you're not doing sim right.

The rotation not being correct has been mentioned a few times, but finding a good reference that isn't another game seems to be very difficult. That's not even going into whether the ratios are very different, which again for track racing is the main difference because you'll never use 800° anyway.

14. Iketani

Iketani Registered

That's not true. In modern race vehicles it is possible to modify the steering ratio electronically. And the sounds must be fixed too, lot of them have wrong sample mixing.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, but that's a missing feature (presuming the cars in question can do that, and are allowed to do that in the given configuration), still not a bug.

Sounds, I didn't mention.

Iketani likes this.
  16. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Yeah, missing feature then.

And yeah, you didn't mention the sounds, sorry. :D:D:D But I'm angry about the no response from devs. :(

Lazza likes this.
  17. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

you are assuming any devs are still employed after MSG imploded.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AND, any left are focused 100% on Le Mans Ultimate. You won't really see much action here til after the storm in February. Probably have better luck connecting with Devs on Discord.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Who do you think is working on LMU?

MSG has had a bunch of layoffs, and that is genuinely a real shame. Some of these people were almost like friends to us, and it's no easier or better for those we didn't know.

But the naysayers predicting the imminent demise of MSG based on financial statements can hardly be surprised by layoffs - when you're losing money and efforts to increase income don't work in a reasonable timeframe, scaling back operations is the next logical step. Staffing is always a major cost, so was bound to be on the cards.

The constant negativity and sticking the boot in is really nasty to all involved.

mixer61 and The_Bad_Fasterd like this.
  20. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Then, we have paid for a game of 2012 and plenty of DLC's but still not finished at all. But yes, they continue releasing pay content and avoiding to fix the released content. The important thing is only to continue getting money? Very good...

The game has a good future if they continue improving the online ranking in my opinion, so I think that they should have a positive mood and try to fix and complete the game.