POLL // How important are physics a priority for you for rF2 (your wish for the rF2 future) ?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Nov 22, 2019.

?

How important are physics a priority for you for rF2 ? (your wish for the rF2 future)

1. I wish that physics remains about the same as today

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. I wish physics is a little better but not more

16 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. I hope that physics is significantly improved

27 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. I want physics to be S397's number one priority, ahead of other priorities

74 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. Comante

Comante Registered

It's stupid because this "poll" is nothing different from:
    A) do you prefer to receive nothing?
    B) do you want 1 dollar?
    C) do you prefer 2 dollars?
    D) what about 4 dollars?

This is what is asked. This is not how poll works.
    This is: I want to show I'm right, let's make a question that contain the desiderd answer, because I want to be right, and prove it so hard.

Emery, Filip, sg333 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Don't mind him he is proper RF2 fanboy. even if you try to post something useful he will always respond aggressively...as if we are attacking love of his life.
    He probably thinks RF2 is perfect but in reality RF2 is in need of big physics updates.
    Driving is not realistic as it should be if one is be advertising the product as a sim.
    But you see alien literally throwing lmp and GT race cars like they are freaking rally cars.
    Understeer is broken, it scrubs so much speed that car literally stop at same speed while at 100% throttle never seens this IRL.
    I KNOW that adding steering angle scrubs speed but as much as it in RF2 ... hell no in RF2 it literally stops the spedo meter engine feels bogged down.
    as if that isn't bad the tyre are way to good at excessive angels and temperatures.
    I have oreca 07 and already that car is way to forgiving at excessive yaw angle where aero should drop significantly.
    Tyres, aero all these things need proper remaster.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Also here is best example of "Realistic " driving of RF2 for fanboys

If you are defending this then you are actually idiot.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Breaking news: poll reveals rF2 users want MOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAR physics.

Didn't see that one coming.

I'm not really considering doing a poll. I was being ironic.

@Slip_Angel namecalling isn't productive.

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

@Lazza I wasn't talking about you just to be clear.
    My bad but in all honesty defending,fanboying is much worse.
    Atleast i provided some info other than just being passive aggressive defending like a blind fanboy.
    I posted videos, made thread about tyre behaviour, talked about engine inertia bug which bogs the engine down and hence no burnout (BTW you defended this in the past but now it seems you acknowledged the engine inertia bug which RSR has and possibly all S397 DLC cars have.)

P.S : Honestly i'm bit disappointed and triggered why is it so hard to notice these things ? it took me only couple of hours to know what's wrong with physics and what needs fixing ASAP.
    What are beta tester doing ? why developers are not fixing this in years !!
    Who deciding to add fantasy electric car when people have been asking about real old school races ?
    I have made a thread 2 years ago about needing a V12 in RF2 many people aggreed to it i even made "bring back V12 " thread now and still people are with me.
    What do we get ... a car that i can't even find a goggle image for and no one knows about it.....is this how a business managed ?

Not to mention the sound which is barely passable for such a high priced PREMIUM content
    The interior is so bad even i can make better interior with just one image
    The electronic in modern GT and LMP cars are broken..so broken that they are basically cheating to driving itself.

/end rant

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  6. Comante

Comante Registered

You know nothing king of Nords ;)

7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Now that i have given all the evidence, info i have you have nothing but ignorance. You are in full on denial mode lol.
    Don't be so blind about ANYTHING in life...just a pro tip.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, all clear, didn't think otherwise.

But I didn't, see. Sometimes it seems like if you don't "like" and +1 you're disagreeing. Let's put everyone into for and against... it's called a false dichotomy.

Discuss issues, don't label people.

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

You right, i don't want to label people but if these people get in the way when i'm talking about well known issues and pretty much everyone acknowledges then they are not helping and hence my response.
    I'm extremely passionate about realism in simulator so i don't like people who live in bubble and think everything is perfect.
    This whole sim thing is frustrating, i don't have the money to buy real things and neither do i have money to develop a sim on my own.
    Nothing in the market is as good as RF2 but RF2 itself has issues..big issues and then there are people hiding and defending those issues ...see the the situation is extremely tight,i have literally nothing to turn back to.

10. Comante

Comante Registered

Ok I try to see what evidence we have here.
    A replay of a guy doing 1 lap at Spa with an apparently very undesteery setup of a porsche. Is this all we have?
    What does should this prove? That you can make 1 lap or 2 considering how long the straights are on a setup that cook front tires at each turn? The fact that no driver in R/L would like to drive like that, for the obvious lack of directionality this setup (and driving style) has, doesn't disqualify the Physics engine of RF2. Is he exploiting the fact that this is a videogame ? Yes of course. Is this possibile on ANY freaking videogame around? Hell yes! Is he exploiting the fact that he can't blow tires, that he can't risk to damage his car? So, the fact is simply this: everyone know that RF2 has his shortcomings, but whining like a rusty ball bearing won't change a dime.
    Enjoy what you have. Do you really think that Developers need you to tell them what doesn't work in the software they bought? Really? Everything based on your opinion and some random video?
    In my opinion you are just frustrated that some people can smoke you with every car on every track, the most obvious solution for you is that they cheat and you are the only honest driver around that does not exploit the software.
    I'm probably slower than you, but I accept my fate and I embrace it joyfully, waiting for improvement that come even quietly waiting for them.

11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I don't play sim for racing...never. I don't care who is fast etc all I care is software realism period.so you assumption is completely wrong. Never played online in RF2, i drove with A.i so little times that its probably under 10 races MAX.

It no time to wait for improvements devs have had too long time for that if we don't voice our issues even now then they will never fix it, look how long it takes them for fix even the smallest thing. Instead they wasting resources on a electric car that no one wants frankly.
    Also the driving in that video is not just a simple setup thing , driving with such exccessive steering angel should never be this fast, that is the point. I want realistic driving to be fast in this software thats all i'm asking for.

Simulator are there to create virtual replica of real cars and i want the virtual cars to follow real physics and real driving techniques.
    i play only for the joy of driving and i can't get joy with unrealitic exploits...its about time they fix it.
    If only ACC had decent tyre model then i'm pretty sure RF2 would been dead, RF2 is barely clinging because it "superior" (but still defective) physics.

lagg likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

I want it.
    Have you thought about asking Kunos for a new tire model? For sure that it's easier for them to change only one thing than trying that S397 changes so many things in rF2.

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

No one knows at kunos what wrong with their physics, i tried to tell them no one understand and they are pretty much in a bubble, in blind love with ACC.
    i have totally given up on acc, haven't played in MONTHS.
    ACC is bad and RF2 is slightly less bad...no choice but to go with RF2.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

It seems that with the same results :p

15. Comante

Comante Registered

So Slip, is your hobby to test games offline then go to developers to tell them how wrong they are?
    To each is own I suppose, If I'm a fanboy,ok, but what are you?

16. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

As for the rF2 physics engine, it's as good as a simulator can get without requiring a supercomputer.

In the case of any particular mod, things like tire grip/flex/reserve is up to how the Modmaker composed the data going into the mod.

Three cheers for the S397 Dev team in my book, and please keep up the great work!

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

And if we all agreed on one thing (I think it's possible) :

1) Improving the physics engine is the most important thing in a simulation, even if other things are important.

2) S397 has done almost nothing regarding the physics engine in 4 years.

3) This fact is terribly negative for S397, rF2 and especially for us rF2 fans.

4) It is legitimate to ask, without extreme emphasis, that S397 improve the physics engine and other elements of realism (this was the subject of my post on this thread earlier today).

5) Finally, do you understand that if we rF2 fans do not insist that rF2 evolve as far as the physics engine is concerned, it is possible that they will continue like these last 4 years.

By the way, it was useless for me to respond negatively to @Comante and @Lazza : we forget that.

18. lagg

lagg Registered

But we all don't agree this.
    I agree that phisics are the most important thing for me.
    But if S397 wouldn't have been doing what they have been doing, rF2 wouldn't exist nowadays.
    The development of rF2 would have stopped years ago and rF2 would be dead.
    rF2 has to be economically profitable and this is what S397 is doing.

John R Denman likes this.
  19. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Actually S397 has made several changes to the physics engine, but it seems few of them are announced, and most have resulted in noticeable improvements, at least to the rF2 veterans. Driving experience wise, it still blows the doors off every other "sim" and will continue to do so until other sims can develop a tire algorithm that's even a fraction as close on the efficiency and speed of processing.

I can't think of an entertainment product that I've used in my 64 laps of the sun that has been nearly as cost effective to use. In the last decade I've probably enjoyed 6000+ hours of usage with an all-in product cost of under $200 when all the DLC is included. That's a price of $0.03/hour. On the flip side the entire cost equals about an hour of my earnings; a ratio of about 6000:1.

lagg likes this.
  20. Comante

Comante Registered

I too disagree that physics advancement are the most important milestones to achieve. What do you expect? To turn cars into airplanes? The more you progress in a field the LESS those advancement are noticeable. Because you know... you can't reach 100% accuracy, and the effort required to go from 0 to 90% is the same that is required to go from 90 to 91 probably.
    In my agenda, the most notable achievement that I'm waiting since 2012 is a competition system that allow casual player to enjoy some friendly online activity without the commitment that league racing involve... I'm waiting this step from 0 to 90% in this field.
    I enjoy the tons of bug fixes that have been deployed, the graphical updates (ahhh the world was ending before GFX overhaul..)., and the effort to take a complete mess that was RF2 code, and turn it into a product that has a future proof development.
    I'm not a programmer, I can barely write a "hello world" script, but it is quite clear that who wrote RF1, and then RF2 was very creative and talented, but was ill the day that "good programming conventions" were explained :D .

At some point compromises have to be made. Nobody would use RF2 if it had 99% accurate physics but wireframe graphics.

Ayrton de Lima, Emery and lagg like this.