POLL // How important are physics a priority for you for rF2 (your wish for the rF2 future) ?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Nov 22, 2019.

?

How important are physics a priority for you for rF2 ? (your wish for the rF2 future)

1. I wish that physics remains about the same as today

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. I wish physics is a little better but not more

16 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. I hope that physics is significantly improved

27 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. I want physics to be S397's number one priority, ahead of other priorities

74 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

In my view the fact we are here in an RF2 Forum means physics is a priority. There are other titles offering more content and eye candy. So lets call it "a given".

It does seem to me that over the years one tribe will scream for a new graphics engine (update to DX11), another tribe will scream for more content, another tribe will scream for more love for single player or new UI, another for more love for multiplayer.
    I'm not passing comment on which is more important but it's a fundamental fact that not everything can be a priority at the same time and some groups will be disappointed.

More has happened each year since S397 re energised the sim than in any previous year, so I am grateful (except i had to buy a new GPU!)

Filip, nonamenow and Emery like this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Balance is essential, yes, but physic should not be a matter of "personal preference" (IMO).

Graphics performance is also essential, especially with VR.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

I agree, but if someone has problems with another thing and the result is not nice, for him, the priority will not be the physics.

DrivingFast likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

It's going to take a revolution in software, I think. Something along the lines of making a codified way of coordinating multiple real-time threads such that the time intervals are predictable so the software can take advantage of threadripper CPUs.

I don't know what that will look like. Maybe it requires a new operating system? All I really know is that we CPU cores that are far more capable than the software currently is.

5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The BTCC Civic seems to me good in physic level, and I think the FFB is correct compared to the type of car.

The BTCC Civic is a good car, including at the physic level, but lower than the official 100% S397 cars.

I wish at least a reference FWD S397 car, or even better 5 cars TCR as it is likely.

Meanwhile, the Civic is usable IMO.

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

+1 for this, especially the reference car. Would love to see a dlc pack with TCR too (like in R3R)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Marcel Offermans said there would be either a TCR pack or a GT4 pack, but both would be great, absolutely great.

9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

There are already 2 GT3 packs. There is no need for GT4's (imo) as those cars are still RWD. TCR would be better (for variability)

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The GT4 are close to road cars (that S397 never seems to want to mod !).

I see a lot of interest.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

TCR is front wheel drive and even more close to road cars. Only about a second a lap slower than the BTCC

DrivingFast likes this.
  12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

One of the aspects i also do not like in rf2 is the fact that cars bounce (up and down) too much (seen from cockpit camera) at least for my taste. I hope S397 will "fix" that somehow.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How much have you played with the head movement and stabilise horizon settings?

14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I m using:

- look ahead, exag yaw, head physics = 0
    - head vibration: aero (linear)
    - stabilize horizon: low

Maybe should i change smth?

15. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Head vibration : without.

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Thanks @mixer61 . Will try it as soon as i go home. What about stabilize horizon? Does it have any difference between low/medium/hi in terms of cockpit vibration?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Haris1977 as you turn down the head physics (moving forwards and backwards, and pitching up and down) and the vibrations, your camera will in effect start to become locked to the car. Like you've strapped a camera rigidly in the car. That's fine, but if the track is bumpy or the car likes to move around a bit you can find your view of the track bouncing around with it.

Stabilise Horizon smooths out your view relative to the world, so on High you can notice your car moving around beneath (or around) you, while your view of the track is smoother. I personally think it's more like what you see when driving in real life, certainly in terms of normal cars that aren't shaking your fillings out. So be sure to try that option if you find that as you smooth out the other options you're starting to have some shaking going on with various cars/tracks.

18. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Thanks man. Will try both head vibration (without) and high stabilize horizon.

P.S Yeap. It was the head physics. Now is off and no more bounce:) Thanks guys!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  19. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Having played a lot with rf2 lately i see how (in a badly way) game physics have changed. I remember loooong time ago (older versions) that this game had the best physics. I do not think that this is still the case.

E.g Am i the only one that thinks Endurance/GT3 cars (paid dlc's from store) have too much grip? Even if i set every assist to off those cars still have way too much grip. I think they need a better tire physics (they should loose grip easily and slide more imho)

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't see a-lot of sliding in the GT3 races I've watched on TV.(with the exception of the Acura NSX on worn tires at the end of last year's Spa race.) Certainly not in the Imsa GTD races. You may find some quibble with lack of tire wear, but the slicks run by most GT3 variants are very grippy.
    Touring cars, which tend to use a smaller wheel/tire do have some built in slide, just don't recall seeing a GT3 behaving badly.
    And remember, Traction Control and ABS are set both in the garage and in the car, make sure your all aids off test includes turning down the TC and ABS from inside the car.(just to be sure)

Emery likes this.