POLL / Driving Helps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrivingFast, Jan 25, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you use SOMETIMES the REAL IN-LiFE driving helps (TC/ABS), when the modded car have it ?

1. No driving help, *never* (no incar TC no ABS)

2. Yes *sometimes* (incar TC or ABS)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bwana

bwana Registered

That’s until you actually drive a real GT3R ...At anything but pedestrian pace

Ari Antero likes this.
  2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I’ll use both if they are available in the real car/series. In main settings I have them turned off and rely on the setup values if available. Typically I’ll run low tc and whatever drivers typically run for abs in the real series if that info is readily available.

Juwe Lahann and jayarrbee36 like this.
  3. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

Agreed. I'm only using TC/ABS, if the real cars support it too. Since the GT3s have this onboard controlled TC/ABS, i had to learn to get used to it. For me, finding out the most suitable setting for my driving style is a part of the setup process for each track, with the new GT3s. In practice, I always switch TC off and ABS to 4 or 5, before finetuning to my likings. Generally Im using no - low TC and low - mid ABS settings, only increasing them, when its starting to rain or tyres are dying.

t0p5ecret likes this.
  4. gluon

gluon Registered

When available on the car, then probably it was designed to take advantage of these two aids, so I'll use them, since I want to go as fast as possible. From my personal experience, at least on GT3 cars, I tend to be faster with a low setting for TC and a higher setting for ABS. Using too much TC doesn't allow me to use the throttle to help with car rotation on slow corners, equally disabling it altogether makes me lose too much grip. On some slower cars I might disable it if I'm in the mood to play a lot with the throttle to keep the car under control. When it comes to ABS, I only drive without it on cars that don't have this option.

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

This is a very good point and something I haven't even considered, I never touch the setting whilst I am driving and probably should start doing that.

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Yeah, if any of us tried to drive a real GT3 with the gadgets off and try to quick we'd all be killed.

AMG Black Edition cars ship with a massive warning note to NOT turn the TC off, becuase they have so much torque you'd rinse the rears just tapping the throttle.

mesfigas likes this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

Yep, driven a ‘black’ a few times , they are fun but soon bring you back to reality if you get cocky, drove a GT3 pooch ‘ (Targa prepared) a few weeks ago . Amazing even at 70%

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

AGREED!!! This is why i love old powerful cars. Controlling the slides!

Korva7 likes this.
  9. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

jes, in my real car. Not with plastic/game pedals on an office chair :D

Alex72 likes this.
  10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You SOD! :D You know what i mean. ;)

And my chair and pedals are not plastic!!! Well, not fully anyway... :D