Point of activation for axis commands

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Risto Kappet, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Hi

I would like to for example assign temporary boost to my clutch pedal. By default, the command activates when the pedal is at 50%. Which line in the controller files do i need to change, to get it to apply at for example 25% or 75%?

2. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Have you tried messing around with the sensitivity settings of the clutch pedal within the game itself? I usually set the sensitivity to around 20% to replicate a clutch grab point at the end of the pedal travel. By raising the sensitivity you should be able to get it to activate earlier.
    TK

3. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Thats a good idea, but unfortunately it only changes the sensitivity of the clutch itself if it was used on an axis, but not when the on/off button activates. I have tried every ingame setting, rates, yaws etc.
    I know it can be easily done with a 3rd party program like JoyToKey, but Im looking for a solution using only the game itself.

4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Hopeful bump :)

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I´m not at my machine now, but can you set a dead zone?

6. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Yes, when you set a deadzone to the axis, then you can set the function to activate later relative to the pedal position, but it still activates at 50% of the axis readout. So if i want temporary boost to come on at 90% or more throttle for example, then I cannot do it, only option is at 50%, if I apply normal deadzone, then the throttle starts coming later too.

7. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Didn't read the whole topic, but have you tried dxtweaker to remap the start/stop points?

8. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Yeah I understand the frustration, it is a massive thread to read through.
    Good idea, but in dxtweak you can just map the deadzones and effectively the axis sensitivity. Yes you can do all kinds of tricks, but ingame eventually the command still activates when axis reaches 50%