[REL] PM3DM Nissan Primera BTCC

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by patrikmarek, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Thanks for the kind words guys!

As for the Stratus I know the car very well. Even tried to get my parents to buy one as the family car when I was younger, having known it from the NATCC. Unfortunately to get technical data as well as modeling references for it would be damn near impossible. So I don't really see it happening. Plus the guys are already plenty busy with all the stuff on tap. Good shout tho, was a cool car.

TK

2. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Do you have technical details for the Primera? Like tyre and rim sizing?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Bruce McCaw was the main funder of the NATCC effort by Pac West Racing. He supposedly kept one of the actual racing Stratuss' for his private museum. But that was years ago. I once was in contact with the man in charge of the construction of the cars in England by the Reynard Factory. But that too was many years ago.
    @Strawman. Tires and rims were controlled by the BTCC I would think. Should be possible to at least find that information.

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Not that easy to find. Someone suggested it was 210-650 r19, but I'm not sure the rims were all 19. If anyone does know it would be a massive help, thanks.

5. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

210/650R19 is the tire size of the Hoosier tires used in the historic Super Touring races these days. The original Michelins were super close to that as well. After about the 95 season all the cars ran 19 inch wheels. Mostly 19in x 8.2in.

TK

6. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Test the mod yesterday for the first time......And yes ! A good feeling behind the wheel .
    Congratulations and thanks to bring it to RF2 ;)

Nissan Primera_07.jpg
    Nissan Primera_011.jpg

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Any update to improve this mod?!

8. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

I saw PM3DM on Facebook keep updating other cars but first on AC, may hope it to RF2 soon....

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

The car would be great for BTCC Super Touring Mod. Unfortunately 2 seconds too slow than the rest.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I used this car for the first time last night and I’m in love with it, but graphics needs some improvements and the driver animation is missing. One thing that I didn’t understand how to shift in this car? I race in VR and no shifter pedals on the wheel and no sequential shifter in the car . I looked every where in the cockpit and the shifter is missing?!
    Last thing, I tried the car in 2 tracks and the AI keep crashing everywhere.
    I hope this car get some update because its very enjoyable car.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

1995 Super Touring cars used a sequential shifter. I haven't driven the car in a while, but the British right hand drive should be standard, the shifter 'may' be all the way on the right of the driver, next to the door. Been a long time since I've seen videos of those cars.
    ok, just did a quick photo search and found this image of the cockpit of "an unknown" BTCC car. Shifter is located at the center of the cockpit so it should be visible to the left of the driver's seat. Also double check your graphic settings. Some cars have graphic settings that hide items to improve frame rates. Make sure your car settings are full.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    GTClub_wajdi and memoNo1 like this.