Plugin not working ,wont show in game menu

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kro388th, Jun 14, 2016.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi , I have a strange issue ,if I place a plugin in my bin64/plugins folder along with the default plugins I see in there, it should show up in the "in game" options menu with the other plugins but for me they don't show up or work ..

I have a dash app with an rf2 plugin.dll , It works fine for everyone but me it seems? the dev has been trying to help me as it works fine with his rf2...I have a Steam install now & I've followed the instructions and have it in the proper folder but it wont show up in options under Plugins/Difficulty .. I have 'enable plugins' on in game .. I also tic'd 'wait for plugins to load' if that even matters .. he showed me a pic of his game /options plugins/difficulty where you can turn your plugins off & on and I see the plugin in his list ,but for me nothing ...

any Ideas ??

Thanks ....

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

No ideas? its so weird .. it must have something to do with moving to steam .. if I remove one of the default plugins they no longer show up in game under options- plugins/difficulty so its reading the right Bin64 folder but any plugins I add don't show up in game or work in game ..

Could there be some left over rf2 files causing this ?

when I moved to steam I gutted the rFactor2 folder in documents except for the package folder that I saved and deleted the old core rf2 folders from x86 ( did not use uninstall ) renamed the old rf2 folder in Documents to 'rFactor2 non steam' and point the launcher to it to use my old package folder .. it works fine and I can switch between the steam package folder and the old package folder ..

every thing runs great except I cant use any plugins that are not default ... so no dash app or track map ectt .. they are in the same folder with defaults but just don't show up or work in game ..;-(

*also have same results in Bin32 they just don't show ..

tried to install vcredist_x64 but it said I had a newer one installed already that must be removed to install this one so I don't think that's the issue ..

thanks for any help ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016