Plugin API - methods available to a dedicated server

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by johnnyfive, Jan 17, 2012.

1. johnnyfive

johnnyfive Registered

Hi.

Since there's not much documentation for the new InternalsPlugin API, I'd like to know:
    a) If is it possible to send automatic chat messages from within a plugin?

b) Is it possible to control the physics of a running session, like weather?

c) Is it possible to load the next track, add ai, kick player, etc, from a plugin?

d) What exactly is this method for:
    virtual bool WantsToDisplayMessage( MessageInfoV01 &msgInfo ) { return( false ); } // set message and return true

Was the plugin API updated recently? I think I saw more features when it was first uploaded to the forums...

Cheers

2. vyrush

vyrush Registered

bump..
    anyone managed to get the example plugin to work with dedicated server?

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

to work, yes.
    But ScoreUpdate method is not called by internals.

Why do you mess in someone's thread, posting unrelated questions since these are already present on forum in threads reporting all those issues

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

a) No.

b) No.

c) No.

d) Looks like it can display a message in the 'chat box' on screen. This would almost certainly be limited to the local client (nobody else sees it).

The first version uploaded had a lot of physics and geometry related stuff in it - which I think was an accidental left over from testing, maybe even an rFPro-style module interface for clients to use their own physics code. I wouldn't expect to see much of it implemented in rF2.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

a) no directly from plugin. But you may send messages to GUI, acting like administrator who writes chat lines by hand. A bit tricky but it works at least for rf1 (for example in my rF Admin Automation)

c) same as a. But depends on commands availability. For example /vote kick doesn't work from rf1 dedicated. You may also simulate pressing buttons to achieve this.

Both features was requested, on rf1 and rf2 forums. Ignored :(

Lazza
    d) have you made it working? I haven't, even on local machine. If working on local client, should also work on dedicated the same way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  6. vyrush

vyrush Registered

and i really dont see how you can call my question unrelated.. its about plugins and server.. if u didnt like it.. just ignore the post.. dont show arrogance..

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Following you, we could post all things about rf2 into single thread.
    Just create new thread for new question, plz