Plug-ins not working after driver swap

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jego, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Jego

Jego Registered

Is there a specific reason why some plug ins stop working after a driver swap?
    I experienced it myself on the weekend, both the Spotter Plugin and Curs-o-Radar stopped working.
    Upon googling the problem I found out that this is a reported issue for many plug-ins in rfactor, they just don't load after the driver swap.
    I am wondering why though, as the TrackMap plug-in works just fine and also loads locally stored information.
    Is there anything known about this problem that could fix it?

Thanks

Ernie likes this.
  2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Someone with more knowledge will give you the right answer. But i put it down to the plugin developer. The trackmap plugin use to do it in the early days but the developer has fixed it. There is also the issue of the trackmap flashes when a track has a working scoreboard. Which can be fixed by pressing ctrl f

3. Jego

Jego Registered

Sure, I am assuming it is down to the developer to fix it, but it appears that it is not quite that simple, as it has been requested already but not fixed for both plug-ins mentioned. So I was hoping to get a lead on to what causes this issue.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Must be something about how plugins are detecting that it's time to do something, and/or their initialization routines are getting missed (looking for wrong cues). I never do driver swaps so it's hard to know what is being called etc.

Cosimo said in his DeltaBest thread that the driver swaps weren't fixed/resolved yet, and he'd ask ISI for help, then fairly recently someone said they worked fine with it. I don't know if that's true for everyone, and if so what he might have changed.

5. Jego

Jego Registered

Ah, now that you mention it, DeltaBest did not work either. Also my head tracking did not work.

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Do you mean TrackIR stopped working as well? Being a native plugin, I would expect it to survive driver swaps.

After so much time since this generic problem was arised it should have been addressed already by now. These type of things are very difficult to justify.

7. Jego

Jego Registered

Yes TrackIR did not work after the swap.