Please use better "description" to Label 397 official workshop collection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by svictor, May 27, 2022.

1. svictor

svictor Registered

Hello Dev,

As recent steam sale that is on going, there are a flood of new players coming to RF2, which is a great thing.

However, this is greatly hindered by the confusing choices of word used by both 397 official workshop collection and display on wizard screen, namely:
    Anthology Collection
    Premium Content

What really happens currently is that, many new comers of the past few days, simply don't understand what those two words means (not to mention language barrier), and they clicked SKIP (and yes, no one really reads the small detailed subtitle), which send them to a game without any content! Many of those players refunded game within a couple of minutes!
    (I can still remember the first time I saw those two words in the previous year, I was getting confused for a minute and hard to decide which option to choose from, even though I have been playing for years and have most workshop content subscribed.)

This is a serious flawed design and should be fixed with something much more understandable even for people with less English language capability, and as soon as possible. Because right now it's getting worse and new players are leaving & refunding game, without even made to the track.

TLDR: unclear word of choice in mod subscription screen of first time wizard, leads new player to no mods and rage refund.

Regards & thank you.

haunetal1990, memoNo1, Mitch9 and 4 others like this.
  2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I totally agree.
    You get a lot of nonsense reviews like this.
    review.PNG
    Which is a shame as the Base game has a ton of free content.

Also new user not knowing how to click on the 'All tracks and cars' series is the other thing for a new user to think he has no cars and tracks.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    memoNo1, turtleCZ, redapg and 4 others like this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

@Paul Jeffrey @Alex Sawczuk @Coutie ... and all others that read this Forum
    The above written is really one of the worst Things i have seen, related to rFactor 2 and i was not aware of the Fact, that, if you buy the Game now, the free official Content doesn't get installed automatically anymore.
    What an idiotic (sorry) Concept is that?
    Really totally incomprehensible..... TOTALLY

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would guess it was a response to alllll the negative posts when either new users or longtime absent users started up rF2 and it DID install everything.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

I can only repeat myself: idiotic ;)

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep. Even a single car and track included (not even a workshop item; just in the game) to avoid the "huh? Why can't I do anything? What's this blank screen?". Heck, make it a half decent car and track.

Then provide some clear options on subscribing to the other 'base' content in the game.

(shoot, have a few things included... bonus: if it's part of the game it's only on their PC once, instead of twice like everything else... oh, and then CS events for that content that everyone knows they can join!)

FS7 likes this.
  7. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I´d say calling it idiotic is itself idiotic.

But also clearly a design flaw, since it causes issues to so many first time users. Maybe it is better if all free s397 content is packed in a single download, eve if it takes 5 hours to download and the user would initially need more hardrive space?

(ah, lazza´s suggestion makses a lot more sense tho probably trickier to do)